• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump reacts to Secret Service director resigning: ‘She never gave me proper protection’

by July 23, 2024
written by July 23, 2024

Former President Trump reacted to the news of Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle resigning in the wake of the assassination attempt against him, telling Fox News Digital in an exclusive interview that ‘she never gave me proper protection.’ 

Cheatle resigned Tuesday morning amid pressure from Republican and Democrat lawmakers amid scrutiny over the massive security failure that led to the shooting at the Butler, Pa. Trump rally earlier this month. 

Trump, during his rally, ever-so-slightly turned his head—narrowly missing the bullet shot by 20-year-old suspect Crooks’ AR-15-style rifle by just a quarter of an inch. The bullet hit him, instead, in his upper right ear.

The bullet killed firefighter, father and husband Corey Comperatore as he protected his family from the shots, and severely injured two others. 

‘She never gave me proper protection, so I ended up having to take a bullet for democracy,’ Trump told Fox News Digital Tuesday after she resigned. 

‘Many requests were made by on-site Secret Service for more people, always with a turn down or no response,’ Trump said. ‘I have the biggest crowds in history, and they should be treated accordingly.’

Trump told Fox News Digital, though, that ‘big improvements have been made over the last week.’

Fox News reviewed the letter Cheatle sent to the U.S. Secret Service Tuesday morning, just a day after she testified before the House Oversight Committee Monday and over a week after a would-be assassin Thomas Crooks attempted to take the life of Trump at his rally in Butler, Pa. on July 13. 

‘To the Men and Women of the U.S. Secret Service, The Secret Service’s solemn mission is to protect our nation’s leaders and financial infrastructure,’ Cheatle wrote in a letter to the agency. ‘On July 13th, we fell short on that mission.’ 

Cheatle said that the ‘scrutiny’ over the last week ‘has been intense and will continue to remain as our operational tempo increases.’ 

‘As your Director, I take full responsibility for the security lapse,’ she wrote. 

‘In light of recent events, it is with a heavy heart that, I have made the difficult decision to step down as your Director,’ Cheatle wrote. 

The Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general has opened an investigation into the Secret Service’s handling of security for the Trump rally on July 13. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Trump says he had ‘automatic chemistry’ with Vance despite past criticisms: ‘He didn’t know me’
next post
Pence laments pro-life principles ‘fell short’ at RNC, thanks delegates for ‘noble’ fight

related articles

Rick Scott says Prince Andrew ‘absolutely’ must face...

February 19, 2026

Trump jokes about Nobel Prize at inaugural Board...

February 19, 2026

Built for weeks of war: Inside the firepower...

February 19, 2026

Trump says US contributing $10B to Board of...

February 19, 2026

Trump jokes about Nobel Prize at inaugural Board...

February 19, 2026

Trump White House ballroom proposal gets approval by...

February 19, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: How Stephen Colbert conned Dem donors...

February 19, 2026

Epstein probe leader Comer says ‘no one is...

February 19, 2026

HHS wipes out 36,000 pages of ‘regulatory dark...

February 19, 2026

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. to endorse Trump for president, court filing shows

    August 23, 2024
  • Dominican judge rules in Iowa witness’ favor in missing American student case

    March 19, 2025
  • Trump’s art of war: Win without fighting

    February 20, 2025
  • Costco and Teamsters reach tentative contract agreement, avoid strike

    February 2, 2025
  • Apple reveals complex system of App Store fees to avoid E.U. fine of 500 million euros

    June 30, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,995)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (978)

Latest Posts

  • As Democrats regroup outside DC, GOP attorneys general adopt new playbook to defend Trump agenda

    February 11, 2025
  • Harris admits silence on Biden’s 2024 re-election bid was ‘recklessness’

    September 10, 2025
  • Trump, Netanyahu to meet at White House in high-stakes talks on Iran, Gaza plan

    February 11, 2026

Recent Posts

  • US midday market brief: stocks climb again, Nvidia and Broadcom lead AI-driven gains

    December 24, 2025
  • SCOOP: House to hold hearings next week on ‘activist judges’ blocking Trump agenda

    March 24, 2025
  • Trump’s ‘big, beautiful bill’ suffers massive defeat in key hurdle before House-wide vote

    May 16, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • TikTok isn’t enough to stop Gen Z from drifting to AOC. Trump must do 3 things next

    August 22, 2025
  • Tesla stock surges 6%: analyst sees more gains ahead

    May 12, 2025
  • DNC union launches GoFundMe to help former staffers hit by massive layoffs after election losses

    November 25, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock