• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Israel warns US defense chief Iran aggression has ‘reached all-time high’

by August 26, 2024
written by August 26, 2024

In a Monday meeting with U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Charles Q. Brown Israel’s Defense Minister Yoav Gallant warned ‘Iran’s aggression has reached an all-time high’ as the U.S. scrambles to broker a cease-fire deal with Hamas after nearly 11 months of war. 

‘To counter this, we must work together to achieve and project groundbreaking capabilities in all arenas,’ Gallant said according to a readout of the meeting from Tel Aviv, which was also attended by Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi.

Gallant highlighted the ‘strategic junction’ that Israel finds itself in as it stares down threats from Hamas in the south and Hezbollah in the north — both of which are heavily backed by Iran. 

Despite U.S. attempts to garner a cease-fire deal in coordination with Egypt and Qatar, Hamas has yet to agree to any terms so long as Israeli forces are permitted to remain in security corridors throughout Gaza. 

Details of the cease-fire talks remain unclear, but on Monday Gallant looked to remind Brown what Israel’s primary aims are in its war in Gaza, including the dismantlement of Hamas, ensuring the return of hostages first taken by the terrorist group following the Oct. 7 attacks, and ‘changing the security situation along Israel’s northern border so that the region’s communities may safely return to their homes.’

Since Oct. 7, the Hamas-run Health Ministry in Gaza claims some 40,000 Palestinians have been killed — though it does not differentiate the number of civilians versus the number of terrorists killed. Nearly another 700 Israeli soldiers and roughly 1,200 Israeli civilians have also been killed since the Hamas attack. 

But despite the ongoing fighting in Gaza, some security officials argue the biggest threat Jerusalem faces is in the north, where it routinely exchanges missile and drone fire with Hezbollah. 

The meeting between Brown and Gallant came one day after the world watched with concern that an all-out-war between Israel and Hezbollah — and by extension Iran — had finally begun following threats from Tehran last month.

On Sunday, Hezbollah said it launched hundreds of rockets and drones at northern Israeli military positions. Jerusalem said it too had fired upon southern Lebanon using 100 warplanes to launch a series of preemptive strikes on Hezbollah strongholds where thousands of rocket launchers were reportedly positioned in a move to thwart an imminent attack. The IDF said no Israeli military installations were hit during the Hezbollah attack.

The exchange appears to have resulted in three deaths in Lebanon, and one Israeli soldier was killed, though by mid-morning Sunday the assault was over. 

Reports on Monday suggested the long-awaited attack by Iran and Hezbollah, which resulted in a relatively limited number of casualties, may have eased concerns of a broader war in the Middle East.

But comments made by Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, Major General Mohammad Bagheri, on Monday signified the threat posed by Iran has not diminished. 

‘What we witnessed yesterday is only part of that revenge,’ he said, according to Arab news outlet Al Mayadeen English. ‘Revenge against the Israeli entity is inevitable.’

The exchange of fire on Sunday does not appear to have altered any of the progress in the ceasefire talks with Hamas, according to White House National Security Communications Advisor John Kirby on Monday.

‘There continues to be progress. Our team on the ground continues to describe the talks as constructive,’ he told reporters. ‘Despite the rocket and drone attack by Hezbollah over the course of the weekend, which Israel did a terrific job defending against, it has not affected the actual work on the ground by the teams trying to get the ceasefire deal in place.’

Kirby said there remains a sense of ‘urgency’ in trying to get a ceasefire secured. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Harris conspicuously absent from public memorials honoring service members killed in Afghan exit she backed
next post
On dodging the media, Kamala Harris ‘owes responses’ to the American public, says campaign adviser

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Walz’s long-running fraud scandal puts Harris campaign judgment under scrutiny

    January 6, 2026
  • FBI Director Patel says man who threatened Trump used same message as Comey’s ‘destructive’ Instagram post

    June 18, 2025
  • Captain Obvious Stephanopoulos gets in trouble for giving a straight answer about Biden

    July 11, 2024
  • ‘Act of war’: Biden administration under pressure to respond to Iran’s plot to kill Trump

    November 8, 2024
  • National polls show Trump, Harris in tight race as electorate is unhappy with choices

    November 3, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Biden missing in action as Turkey inches closer to full-blown war against US-allied Kurds in Syria

    December 20, 2024
  • Iran retaliates with missile attack on US base in Qatar, Pentagon reports no casualties

    June 23, 2025
  • Hacker obtains House ethics testimony on Matt Gaetz as Trump makes calls for AG nominee

    November 20, 2024

Recent Posts

  • JD Vance hails Trump admin’s ‘bulldozer’ approach to public health, discusses how Appalachia was ‘left behind’

    November 12, 2025
  • Trump expected to pardon pro-life activists convicted under FACE Act

    January 23, 2025
  • Trump says ‘we need Greenland for international safety and security’ ahead of Vance trip

    March 27, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Energy groups celebrate Trump’s latest move to unleash Alaska drilling

    June 4, 2025
  • Stellantis laying off 2,450 plant workers due to discontinuation of Ram ‘Classic’ pickup truck

    August 10, 2024
  • JD Vance debate prep strategy includes tapping prominent lawmaker to play Walz

    September 24, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock