• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Ukraine and North Korean troops clash for first time, Zelenskyy warns of escalation

by November 6, 2024
written by November 6, 2024

Ukraine has engaged militarily for the first time with South Korean troops that were deployed to support Russia in its ongoing war with its neighbor, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Tuesday in a nightly address. 

Zelenskyy did not go into detail about the engagement but warned of what he says is Russia’s intention to escalate the war that has raged for nearly 1,000 days. 

A Kyiv official said Ukraine’s army fired artillery at North Korean soldiers in Russia’s Kursk border region.

‘Terror, unfortunately, can spread like a virus when it does not meet sufficient counteraction. Now our counteraction must be sufficient, strong enough. The first battles with North Korean soldiers have opened a new chapter of instability in the world,’ Zelenskyy said in his nightly video address as he thanked Ukraine’s allies around the world.

‘Together with the world, we must do everything so that this Russian step to expand the war with real escalation fails. Both for Russia and South Korea.’

South Korea’s Defense Ministry said on Tuesday that more than 10,000 North Korean troops had arrived in Russia, with a ‘significant number’ in the frontline areas, including the Kursk region, where Ukrainian forces staged an incursion in August.

Defence Minister Rustem Umerov told South Korean state television there had been a ‘small engagement’ with the North Korean troops, per Reuters. The report, with excerpts from the interview, quoted Umerov as saying that the engagement was small and not yet systematic in terms of mobilizing soldiers.

Umerov reportedly said he expects that five North Korean units, each consisting of about 3,000 soldiers, will be deployed to the Kursk area. North Korean soldiers are mixed with Russian troops and are misidentified on their uniforms, Umerov was quoted as saying, according to the Associated Press.

Russia is reported to have 1.3 million active-duty soldiers with another 2 million in reserves. Russia is now seeing its highest number of casualties than at any other time since the war began, with some 1,200 casualties reported a day, claimed U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken last week. Despite the high number of troop casualties, there still does not appear to be any end in sight to the war — validating early concerns that this would be a war of attrition. 

Zelenskyy has been sounding the alarm that the recent deployment of North Korean troops in Russia not only spells trouble for Ukraine, but also draws into question the stability and security of nations in Asia that are allied with the West.

‘North Korea’s actions aren’t random,’ Zelenskyy said in a frank interview with South Korea’s public broadcasting network KBS on Thursday. ‘They have strategic goals.’

‘Their actions aren’t coincidental — they want Russia’s support in return,’ he added in comments also posted to his social media account on X.

Zelenskyy has called on South Korea to take a bigger role in the conflict and has said that South Korea has already pledged to send a team of specialists to Ukraine where they will collaborate on defensive capabilities, including air defense, as North Korea also provides Russian with artillery and missiles.

‘If South Korea wants to understand the real capabilities of North Korea and its soldiers, it would benefit them to be here, to see and analyze the reality firsthand,’ he said. Consider how close North Korea is to Seoul [25-30 miles], the range of modern artillery, not even missiles.’ 

‘Air defenses can’t counter artillery strikes. Our own towns were obliterated by artillery. I hope South Korea never faces this, but preparation is critical,’ Zelenskyy added.

Zelenskyy also called into question China’s ‘silence’ with regard to the North’s recent involvement in the war. 

Meanwhile, North Korea was reported to have fired a barrage of short-range ballistic missiles into the sea on Tuesday.

The launch came days after North Korean leader Kim Jong-un supervised a flight test of the country’s newest intercontinental ballistic missile designed to reach the U.S. mainland. In response to that launch, the United States flew a long-range B-1B bomber in a trilateral drill with South Korea and Japan on Sunday in a show of force.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
When will we know who won the US election?
next post
Boeing strike ends after machinists approve new labor contract with 38% wage increases

related articles

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy says he met with Democratic senators,...

February 16, 2026

GOP lawmaker joins Democrat-led effort to limit Trump’s...

February 16, 2026

NAACP asks judge to limit how feds use...

February 16, 2026

Schumer pushes bill to give Pride flag same...

February 16, 2026

Rubio seals civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Hungary

February 16, 2026

Taiwan ‘will not escalate, but will not yield’...

February 16, 2026

Partial government shutdown drags on as DHS funding...

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • S&P 500 and Nasdaq: Nasdaq rises to new high on Friday

    August 9, 2024
  • Schumer accuses Trump of ‘skipping town’ during shutdown as president heads to Asia for trade talks

    October 25, 2025
  • Pardons, Israel, domestic terrorism and more: Biden’s plans for final days of presidency

    January 7, 2025
  • Morning brief: Trump sues BBC for $10B, Musk now worth over $600B

    December 16, 2025
  • ’60 Minutes’ producer leaves show, citing a loss of journalistic independence

    April 23, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,946)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • ‘He’s not a big factor’: Trump’s Senate allies dismiss Elon Musk’s calls to ‘kill the bill’

    June 5, 2025
  • Ahead of election, what do Latin Americans, Europeans think about Donald Trump, Kamala Harris?

    November 4, 2024
  • Iran protests spark regime survival question as exiled dissident says it feels like a ‘revolution’

    January 13, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Fed Chair Powell says holding rates high for too long could jeopardize economic growth

    July 11, 2024
  • Trump envoy for Russia and Ukraine calls Zelenskyy a ‘courageous leader’ after Trump lambasts foreign figure

    February 21, 2025
  • Top Democrat on House Intel Committee calls on Biden to suspend campaign after NATO press conference

    July 12, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Jim Jordan subpoenas company led by daughter of NY v Trump judge

    August 28, 2024
  • Why US sanctioned former EU official, 4 others; what it says about transatlantic tech rift

    December 25, 2025
  • Japanese eateries hike prices as tourist influx reaches record levels

    July 29, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock