• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trans lawsuit lobbed against Trump admin based on ‘faulty interpretations’: Legal expert

by February 5, 2025
written by February 5, 2025

As LGBT advocates and medical organizations challenge the Trump administration’s ban on transgender treatments for minors, legal expert Sarah Marshall Perry of the Heritage Foundation warns that this lawsuit is just the ‘tip of the iceberg,’ driven by ‘faulty interpretations,’ with more legal battles expected in the coming months.

‘This is a $5 billion a year industry,’ Perry said. ‘I would not expect what I like to call the gender ghouls to go quietly into that good night, they are going to suddenly be faced with a devastating reckoning on exactly where their bottom line lies.’

‘If they want to fight for private insurance coverage through Cigna or Blue Cross Blue Shield, that’s entirely their prerogative,’ Perry said, adding that these companies have ‘very big lobbying presences’ to pursue coverage through private insurers.

‘There is a reason that this type of so-called medical care proliferated, and that’s because they had governmental cover,’ she said.

The lawsuit was filed in Baltimore federal court and seeks an immediate injunction to delay the implementation of President Donald Trump’s executive order from last week.

‘Over the past week, hospitals across the country have abruptly halted medical care for transgender people under nineteen, canceling appointments and turning away some patients who have waited years to receive medically necessary care for gender dysphoria,’ the lawsuit reads. 

‘This sudden shutdown in care was the direct and immediate result of an Executive Order that President Trump issued on January 28, 2025 — Protecting Children from Chemical and Surgical Mutilation — directing all federal agencies to ‘immediately take appropriate steps to ensure that institutions receiving Federal research or education grants end gender-affirming medical care for people under nineteen (the ‘Denial of Care Order’).’

The group of plaintiffs claims executive orders are unlawful and unconstitutional, saying the Constitution gives Congress the power of the purse.

However, Perry argued that existing federal coverage for gender-related procedures for minors stems from a misinterpretation of the Supreme Court’s 2020 ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County, a decision that several federal courts have since ruled does not support such policies. 

‘Remember that we’re dealing with the vestiges of an administration that was all in on gender identitarianism and was manipulating federal case law to be able to push through policies that have already been struck down,’ Perry said. ‘I think the President is acting wisely in an anticipatory stance to make sure that the federal funding cap is turned off, while we can get some of these challenges through court and determine whether or not, first, if there is a parental right to these particularly controversial procedures.’

She said that a federal judge already ruled against former President Joe Biden’s re-interpretation of Title IX, referring to U.S. District Court Chief Judge Danny Reeves vacating the regulation in January, in which the previous administration had expanded sex discrimination protections to include sexual orientation and gender identity. 

Reeves ruled that Biden’s expansion contradicted the original intent of Title IX, stating that incorporating gender identity into the statute ‘eviscerates the statute and renders it largely meaningless.’

Perry noted that various federal statutes, including the Affordable Care Act’s anti-discrimination provisions, were ‘manipulated’ by the previous administration to advance gender identity policies and noted that courts have increasingly pushed back against these interpretations.

‘I think he is rightly acting in an anticipatory fashion,’ Perry said of Trump. ‘He is the chief enforcer of the law, and he has drawn a line in the sand, saying we’re going to cut the tap off until we find a way to get clarity on this, but in the meantime, we are not going to continue to fund the things that we know have catastrophic, devastating effects on minor kids.’

The lawsuit is the latest addition to those suing Trump over his gender-related executive orders. 

The executive orders, signed in late January, include a reinstatement of the ban on transgender troops in the military, a ban on federal funding for sex changes for minors and a directive requiring federal agencies to recognize only ‘two sexes,’ male and female, in official standard of conduct.

A White House spokesperson told Fox News Digital they do not comment on pending litigation. On the campaign trail, Trump promised to weed out ‘radical gender ideology’ as one of his key administrative focuses.

The Supreme Court will also rule on a major case this term about a Tennessee law that will determine whether gender transition procedures can be banned for minors. 

Fox News Digital’s Greg Wehner contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
‘Losing their minds’: Dem lawmakers face backlash for invoking ‘unhinged’ violent rhetoric against Musk
next post
Boeing’s Starliner losses top $2 billion after spacecraft program reports worst year yet

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Rand Paul says he would support ‘big, beautiful bill’ if debt ceiling hike removed

    June 1, 2025
  • PepeX ICO raises $1.35M as Trump’s crypto push fuels market attention

    April 14, 2025
  • Trump to tap new national security advisor in 6 months; calls Waltz move ‘upgrade’

    May 5, 2025
  • American Express CFO says spending picked up at year-end, thanks to millennials and Gen Z

    January 25, 2025
  • Crypto ETF flows: Bitcoin bleeds $195M; XRP and Solana hold steady

    December 6, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • With Trump’s blessing, Israel has Hamas terrorists on back foot: ‘Operating in survival mode’

    March 26, 2025
  • New GOP-backed bill would ban aid to Afghanistan to avoid giving US dollars to the Taliban

    September 23, 2024
  • Hamas faces ‘legitimacy crisis’ as desperate Gazans flock to US-backed aid centers

    May 29, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Scott touts ‘deal guy’ background in bid for Senate majority leader

    November 10, 2024
  • Trump sets intense pace with campaign events as questions swirl about Harris’ policy positions

    August 26, 2024
  • Lawsuit claims security cameras sold in the US carried undisclosed surveillance risks

    December 22, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • MORNING GLORY: Don’t DOGE The Deadline! 

    November 14, 2024
  • Trump accepts jet from Qatar, will refit to serve as Air Force One, DOD says

    May 21, 2025
  • Liberal critics question why architect of failed Biden foreign policy is advising ‘Project 2029’

    July 7, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock