• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Roughly 75,000 federal employees agree to Trump’s buyout offer

by February 13, 2025
written by February 13, 2025

Roughly 75,000 federal employees have accepted President Donald Trump’s deferred resignation program, after the U.S. Office of Personnel Management offered more than two million federal civilian employees buyouts in January to leave their jobs or be forced to return to work in person.

Employees who accepted the so-called ‘fork in the road’ offer will retain all pay and benefits and be exempt from in-person work until Sept. 30, a move that’s part of a broader attempt by the Trump administration to downsize the federal government. 

‘We have too many people,’ Trump told reporters Tuesday in a press briefing. ‘We have office spaces occupied by 4% — nobody showing up to work because they were told not to.’ 

The White House confirmed to Fox News Digital that numbers had climbed to 75,000 as of Thursday morning. 

It previously said it expected 200,000 people to accept the offer.

The Trump administration’s offer faced scrutiny, and a federal judge temporarily blocked the administration’s plan from advancing amid challenges from labor union groups who voiced concerns that the law didn’t require the Trump administration to hold up its end of the deal.

However, U.S. District Judge George O’Toole of Massachusetts ruled in favor of the White House Wednesday evening, asserting the plaintiffs in the case aren’t directly impacted by the Trump administration’s offer. 

They ‘allege that the directive subjects them to upstream effects including a diversion of resources to answer members’ questions about the directive, a potential loss of membership, and possible reputational harm,’ O’Toole wrote.

‘The unions do not have the required direct stake in the Fork Directive, but are challenging a policy that affects others, specifically executive branch employees,’ O’Toole wrote. ‘This is not sufficient.’

The Trump administration praised the court’s decision, and White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt described it as ‘the first of many legal wins for the president.’ 

‘The court dissolved the injunction due to a lack of standing,’ Leavitt said in a statement to Fox News Digital. ‘This goes to show that lawfare will not ultimately prevail over the will of 77 million Americans who supported President Trump and his priorities.’

The buyout program is one of several initiatives the Trump administration has unveiled to cut down the federal workforce. On Tuesday, Trump also signed an executive order instructing the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) to coordinate with federal agencies and execute massive cuts in federal workforce staffing numbers. 

The order instructs DOGE and federal agencies to work together to ‘significantly’ shrink the size of the federal government and limit hiring new employees, according to a White House fact sheet on the order. Specifically, agencies must not hire more than one employee for every four that leave their federal post. 

Agencies also are instructed to ‘undertake plans for large-scale reductions in force’ and evaluate ways to eliminate or combine agency functions that aren’t legally required, the fact sheet said. 

Fox News’ Andrea Margolis, Jake Gibson, Jacqui Heinrich and Patrick Ward contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Hospitals nationwide challenge Trump’s executive order on transgender treatments for minors
next post
Trump’s nominee for Commerce secretary passes key vote in the Senate

related articles

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026

South Korean court rules ex‑President Yoon Suk Yeol...

February 19, 2026

Grandmother tells Trump critics to ‘get off the...

February 19, 2026

US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS...

February 19, 2026

Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of...

February 19, 2026

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026

Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at...

February 19, 2026

Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson...

February 19, 2026

Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that...

February 19, 2026

Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say...

February 19, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Bad start this week for Bitcoin, forming a new low

    August 5, 2024
  • Trump must be strong against China to keep the peace

    November 8, 2024
  • Judge warns Trump administration against ‘irreversible’ White House ballroom construction work

    December 17, 2025
  • Trump pauses oil exec summit to peek at White House ballroom’s progress

    January 9, 2026
  • Trump announces new Cabinet deputies as inauguration date draws near

    January 12, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,986)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (978)

Latest Posts

  • Fetterman hails Rubio as ‘strong choice’ for secretary of state, says he will vote to confirm him

    November 12, 2024
  • China reportedly building ‘D-Day’-style barges as fears of Taiwan invasion rise

    January 14, 2025
  • AT&T gave Jack Smith then-House Speaker McCarthy’s personal cellphone records amid J6 investigation

    November 20, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Asian markets open: Nikkei leads Asian stock rout as Trump tariffs trigger trade war worries

    April 11, 2025
  • Iran accused of killing 16,500 in sweeping ‘genocide’ crackdown: report

    January 19, 2026
  • Trump says he had ‘automatic chemistry’ with Vance despite past criticisms: ‘He didn’t know me’

    July 23, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • E.l.f. Beauty to acquire Hailey Bieber skin care brand Rhode in up to $1 billion deal

    May 29, 2025
  • ‘Star Trek shield’ technology gets $250M boost to knock drone swarms from the sky with high-powered microwave

    March 6, 2025
  • Trump gets rare Democrat support for new tariffs: ‘This is a good start’

    April 3, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock