• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Atlantic reporter publishes more texts about attack on Houthi targets

by March 26, 2025
written by March 26, 2025

The Atlantic published Wednesday what it described as the ‘attack plans’ at the center of a Signal text chain leak involving senior officials in the Trump administration.

Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and national security adviser Mike Waltz have faced calls to resign following revelations that the outlet’s editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg was inadvertently added to a private group chat earlier this month in which Hegseth, Waltz, Vice President JD Vance and other top administration officials reportedly discussed impending airstrikes on Yemen’s Houthi rebels. Hegseth has said ‘nobody was texting war plans’ and Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard vowed during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday that there was ‘no classified material’ in the messages.

‘TEAM UPDATE: TIME NOW (1144et): Weather is FAVORABLE. Just CONFIRMED w/CENTCOM we are a GO for mission launch. 1215et: F-18s LAUNCH (1st strike package). 1345: ‘Trigger Based’ F-18 1st Strike Window Starts (Target Terrorist is @ his Known Location so SHOULD BE ON TIME – also, Strike Drones Launch (MQ-9s),’ Hegseth apparently wrote in a screenshot of a text message released Wednesday by The Atlantic. 

‘1410: More F-18s LAUNCH (2nd strike package). 1415: Strike Drones on Target (THIS IS WHEN THE FIRST BOMBS WILL DEFINITELY DROP, pending earlier ‘Trigger Based’ targets). 1536 F-18 2nd Strike Starts – also, first sea-based Tomahawks launched,’ Hegseth reportedly continued, before adding ‘Godspeed to our Warriors.’

Waltz later allegedly wrote ‘The first target – their top missile guy – we had positive ID of him walking into his girlfriend’s building and it’s now collapsed,’ according to The Atlantic. 

‘Excellent,’ read a message in response attributed to Vance.

The Atlantic said in its report Wednesday – titled ‘Here Are the Attack Plans That Trump’s Advisers Shared on Signal’ – that ‘the statements by Hegseth, Gabbard, Ratcliffe, and Trump – combined with the assertions made by numerous administration officials that we are lying about the content of the Signal texts – have led us to believe that people should see the texts in order to reach their own conclusions.’

‘There is a clear public interest in disclosing the sort of information that Trump advisers included in nonsecure communications channels, especially because senior administration figures are attempting to downplay the significance of the messages that were shared,’ wrote the Atlantic’s Goldberg and reporter Shane Harris. 

‘Experts have repeatedly told us that use of a Signal chat for such sensitive discussions poses a threat to national security. As a case in point, Goldberg received information on the attacks two hours before the scheduled start of the bombing of Houthi positions. If this information – particularly the exact times American aircraft were taking off for Yemen – had fallen into the wrong hands in that crucial two-hour period, American pilots and other American personnel could have been exposed to even greater danger than they ordinarily would face,’ they also said.

Vance responded to the report Wednesday by declaring that ‘It’s very clear Goldberg oversold what he had. 

‘But one thing in particular really stands out. Remember when he was attacking Ratcliffe for blowing the cover for a CIA agent? Turns out Ratcliffe was simply naming his chief of staff,’ he added.

The Atlantic report said ‘A CIA spokesperson asked us to withhold the name of John Ratcliffe’s chief of staff, which Ratcliffe had shared in the Signal chain, because CIA intelligence officers are traditionally not publicly identified.’

Waltz wrote on X ‘No locations. No sources & methods. NO WAR PLANS. Foreign partners had already been notified that strikes were imminent. BOTTOM LINE: President Trump is protecting America and our interests.’

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Budowich said in response to the report that ‘The Atlantic has already abandoned their bulls— ‘war plans’ narrative, and in releasing the full chat , they concede they LIED to perpetuate yet ANOTHER hoax on the American people. What scumbags!’

‘The Atlantic has conceded: these were NOT ‘war plans,’’ White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt added. ‘This entire story was another hoax written by a Trump-hater who is well-known for his sensationalist spin.’

Some Congressional Democrats have been calling for Hegseth’s ouster since the text chain leak was first reported.

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, the highest-ranking Democrat to do so, wrote a letter to President Donald Trump yesterday demanding that Hegseth be ‘fired immediately.’ 

‘The so-called Secretary of Defense recklessly and casually disclosed highly sensitive war plans — including the timing of a pending attack, possible strike targets and the weapons to be used –during an unclassified national security group chat that inexplicably included a reporter. His behavior shocks the conscience, risked American lives and likely violated the law,’ Jeffries wrote.

Pressed by a reporter yesterday about the matter, Hegseth claimed he has everything under control.

‘Nobody’s texting war plans,’ he said. ‘I know exactly what I’m doing, exactly what we’re directing, and I’m really proud of what we accomplished, the successful missions that night and going forward.’

Fox News’ Landon Mion contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
SCOOP: Top Republican Chuck Grassley sets prompt hearing on judges blocking Trump
next post
SCOOP: Trump joins launch of Congressional Women’s Caucus at White House

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Majority of Americans back Israeli airstrikes on Iran, poll shows

    June 13, 2025
  • Crypto market snapshot, Dec 4: Bitcoin at $96K, Tron soars 75%

    December 4, 2024
  • Trump goes after Zelenskyy over ‘land swapping’ dispute, lays out ‘feel out meeting’ with Putin

    August 11, 2025
  • Over 158 million Americans voted in 2024 as Trump reclaimed the White House

    July 7, 2025
  • Trump admin removes Biden-era transportation safety board vice chair

    May 6, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Tech Regulations: The EU regulates, the US steps back

    October 8, 2024
  • Roughly 75,000 federal employees agree to Trump’s buyout offer

    February 13, 2025
  • Head of watchdog agency throws in towel after contesting Trump firing

    March 6, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Trump directs Hegseth to pay troops during ongoing government shutdown standoff as he rails against Schumer

    October 12, 2025
  • US will know in ‘matter of weeks’ if Russia is serious about peace or using ‘delay tactic’: Rubio

    April 4, 2025
  • Biden says he is still considering pre-emptive pardons for Trump targets Liz Cheney, Fauci and others

    January 8, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Voters react to Gov Tim Walz dodging Tiananmen Square question: ‘I’m a knucklehead at times’

    October 2, 2024
  • Minnesota GOP lawmakers cite Constitution in call for Walz to resign over fraud crisis

    December 29, 2025
  • Nigeria admits more than 160 Christians kidnapped as Trump calls for coordinated terror fight

    January 21, 2026
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock