• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Elon Musk tapped to help lead investigation into Signal chat leak: White House

by March 26, 2025
written by March 26, 2025

Elon Musk is helping lead the investigation into the Signal chat leak involving top national security leaders and the editor-in-chief of the Atlantic, the White House press secretary said Wednesday. 

‘The National Security Council, the White House Counsel’s Office, and also, yes, Elon Musk’s team’ will be leading the investigation into the Signal leak, press secretary Karonline Leavitt said during Wednesday’s White House press conference. 

‘Elon Musk has offered to put his technical experts on this, to figure out how this number was inadvertently added to the chat – again, to take responsibility and ensure this can never happen again,’ she continued. 

The Trump administration is facing backlash from Democrats and other critics after the Atlantic’s editor-in-chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, revealed in an article published Monday that he was added to a Signal group chat with top national security leaders, including national security advisor Mike Waltz, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and CIA Director John Ratcliffe. 

Signal is an encrypted messaging app that operates similarly to texting or making phone calls, but with additional security measures that help ensure communications are kept private to those included in the correspondence. 

The Atlantic’s initial report characterized the Trump administration as texting ‘war plans’ to one another. The Trump administration has maintained that no classified material was transmitted in the chat, with President Donald Trump defending Waltz amid the fallout. 

Trump revealed Tuesday that a member of Waltz’s office invited Goldberg to the chat, but did not provide additional information. 

Waltz joined Fox News’ ‘Ingraham Angle’ Tuesday, where he took responsibility for the inadvertent addition of Goldberg to the chat, arguing he believed the account belonged to someone else. 

‘I built the group. My job is to make sure everything’s coordinated,’ Waltz said. 

‘Of course I didn’t see this loser in the group. It looked like someone else,’ Waltz added. ‘The person I thought was on there was never on there.’

Waltz also said during the interview that he had just spoken to Musk about the matter and that the ‘best technical minds’ would look into it. 

Musk is helping lead the Department of Government Efficiency, which has been poring through federal agencies in search of government overspending, fraud and mismanagement. 

‘If this story proves anything, it proves that Democrats and their propagandists in the mainstream media know how to fabricate, orchestrate and disseminate a misinformation campaign quite well,’ Leavitt continued. ‘And there’s arguably no one in the media who loves manufacturing and pushing hoaxes more than Jeffrey Goldberg.’

Following Monday’s report in the Atlantic concerning the Signal chat, Goldberg published a Wednesday follow-up story that included messages directly from the chat. The article notably did not characterize the correspondence as ‘war plans,’ instead opting to refer to them as ‘attack plans’ in the headline. 

The Trump administration responded that the follow-up story proved that there were ‘no war plans’ in the correspondence, taking a victory lap that the story was exposed to be a ‘hoax.’ 

‘The Atlantic has conceded: these were NOT ‘war plans,” Leavitt posted to X Wednesday morning. ‘This entire story was another hoax written by a Trump-hater who is well-known for his sensationalist spin.’

Waltz posted to X Wednesday, ‘No locations. No sources & methods. NO WAR PLANS. Foreign partners had already been notified that strikes were imminent. BOTTOM LINE: President Trump is protecting America and our interests.’ 

A spokesperson for the Atlantic defended that the outlet did expose a ‘war plan’ in its Wednesday report, pointing Fox News Digital to a screenshot included in the piece of Hegseth’s messages related to F-18s and drone strikes that were accompanied by timestamps for the operation. 

‘If this information – particularly the exact times American aircraft were taking off for Yemen – had fallen into the wrong hands in that crucial two-hour period, American pilots and other American personnel could have been exposed to even greater danger than they ordinarily would face,’ the report stated. 

Leavitt said during the press conference that Signal is an ‘approved app’ for government employees, citing that the ‘CIA has it loaded onto government phones because it is the most secure and efficient way to communicate.’

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Top agency staffer trying to block crucial Trump directive once managed DEI team
next post
Inside Mike Johnson’s meeting with judiciary hawks over Trump court standoff

related articles

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026

DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...

February 17, 2026

Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...

February 17, 2026

LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...

February 17, 2026

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Gulf stock markets surge: Dubai leads with earnings boost as Fed rate cut speculation mounts

    July 23, 2024
  • Europe bulletin: ECB holds rates steady, Aena expands UK airports, Austria court rules against Meta

    December 19, 2025
  • Trump admin asks IRS to revoke Harvard’s tax-exempt status

    April 16, 2025
  • Supreme Court to allow Biden admin power plant climate standards to remain in place – for now

    October 17, 2024
  • New Epstein documents include photos of Bill Clinton shirtless in hot tub, socializing with Michael Jackson

    December 20, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,953)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Hezbollah launches 30 rockets into Israel, no casualties reported: IDF

    August 12, 2024
  • Trump breaks ground on massive White House ballroom project with private funding from ‘patriots’

    October 21, 2025
  • Is Micron really abandoning gamers for AI, and what happens now?

    December 4, 2025

Recent Posts

  • EXCLUSIVE: House Freedom Caucus chair urges Johnson to change course on Senate version of Trump budget bill

    April 7, 2025
  • White House lawyers who advised Reagan, Bush endorse Harris over Trump in 2024 showdown

    August 23, 2024
  • Trump to sign memo lifting Biden’s last-minute collective bargaining agreements

    January 31, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Would the US win a war with China over Taiwan? US lawmakers briefed on the potential outcome

    November 21, 2024
  • GOP rebels head to White House for meeting to avoid government shutdown

    March 5, 2025
  • Convicted Minnesota fraudster alleges Walz, Ellison were aware of widespread fraud

    January 22, 2026
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock