• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Rubio breaks silence on leaked Signal chat: ‘Someone made a big mistake’

by March 26, 2025
written by March 26, 2025

Secretary of State Marco Rubio for the first time, on Wednesday addressed the Signal-chat controversy and conceded that ‘someone made a big mistake’ when a journalist from the Atlantic was added to Signal text chain that included Washington’s top national security heads. 

‘This thing was set up for purposes of coordinating,’ Rubio told reporters from Jamaica, noting the point of the text exchange carried out on the encrypted messaging application was purely so officials knew how to communicate with their various counterparts. 

But the revelation that potentially classified information was exchanged on a site that has been the target of Russian hackers, and that the chain included an editor from the Atlantic, sent shockwaves globally – though the Pentagon maintains that no classified intelligence was exchanged in the messages.

‘Obviously, someone made a mistake. Someone made a big mistake and added a journalist,’ Rubio said. ‘Nothing against journalists. But you ain’t supposed to be on that thing.’

‘I contributed to it twice. I identified my point of contact, which is my chief of staff, and then later on, I think three hours after the White House’s official announcements had been made, I congratulated the members of the team,’ he continued. 

Rubio said that though the information was not technically classified nor did it at ‘any point threaten the operation of the lives of our servicemen,’ the information was ‘not intended to be divulged’ and the White House was investigating the matter. 

President Donald Trump has downplayed the severity of the lapse, noting it was ‘the only glitch in two months’ his administration has faced and told NBC News the debacle ‘turned out not to be a serious one.’

National security advisor Mike Waltz, who reportedly set up the text chain and accidentally added the Atlantic editor, told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham that he took ‘full responsibility’ for the ’embarrassing’ mishap.

Similarly, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard on Wednesday told the House Intelligence Committee it was a ‘mistake’ to include a reporter in a text group that included ‘candid and sensitive’ information.

She also maintained that the texts did not include any classified information while testifying in front of senators on Tuesday. 

Debate between the Atlantic’s reporting and the White House erupted after the Trump administration and Pentagon said that no ‘war planning’ information was shared.

Waltz in a Wednesday tweet said, ‘No locations. No sources & methods. NO WAR PLANS. Foreign partners had already been notified that strikes were imminent.’

The Atlantic maintains the texts did include ‘attack plans.’

‘TEAM UPDATE: TIME NOW (1144et): Weather is FAVORABLE. Just CONFIRMED w/CENTCOM we are a GO for mission launch. 1215et: F-18s LAUNCH (1st strike package). 1345: ‘Trigger Based’ F-18 1st Strike Window Starts (Target Terrorist is @ his Known Location so SHOULD BE ON TIME – also, Strike Drones Launch (MQ-9s),’ Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth reportedly wrote in the text exchange released Wednesday by The Atlantic.

‘1410: More F-18s LAUNCH (2nd strike package). 1415: Strike Drones on Target (THIS IS WHEN THE FIRST BOMBS WILL DEFINITELY DROP, pending earlier ‘Trigger Based’ targets). 1536 F-18 2nd Strike Starts – also, first sea-based Tomahawks launched,’ he later added. 

But Rubio, in alignment with other administration officials, pointed to the Pentagon’s assessment on whether its leader released classified information and said, ‘They made very clear that [the texts] didn’t put in danger anyone’s life or the mission at the time. 

‘There was no intelligence information,’ Rubio added. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Inside Mike Johnson’s meeting with judiciary hawks over Trump court standoff
next post
Tesla robots visit Capitol Hill amid anti-DOGE protests, attacks on Elon Musk’s dealerships

related articles

AOC blames critics, Trump after Munich hiccup backlash

February 22, 2026

President Trump tells Netflix to fire Susan Rice...

February 22, 2026

TSA says PreCheck not suspended as partial government...

February 22, 2026

Why keeping lawmakers in DC during shutdown may...

February 22, 2026

Turkey’s growing reach in Africa seen complicating US...

February 22, 2026

WATCH: Top 5 most memorable moments in American...

February 22, 2026

DHS suspends TSA PreCheck, Global Entry as partial...

February 22, 2026

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Scathing report calls on US to label Islamist group infiltrating all aspects of American life as terrorist org

    November 19, 2025
  • Federal judge blocks Trump admin from firing 2 Dem members of privacy oversight board

    May 22, 2025
  • Iran will not give up nuclear enrichment, top official confirms in exclusive Fox News interview

    July 21, 2025
  • Target says its holiday sales were better than expected — but its profits weren’t

    January 16, 2025
  • Solana and Cardano: Cardano in an uptrend this week

    August 21, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,030)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Trump rips ‘loser’ Tim Walz for hurting Dems in 2024 election

    March 21, 2025
  • Successful legal challenges to Biden’s pardons over autopen signature ‘vanishingly low’: Turley

    March 19, 2025
  • Trump clinches Greenland framework with NATO, pauses planned Europe tariffs

    January 22, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Third top Pentagon aide Collin Carroll on administrative leave over leaks probe

    April 16, 2025
  • Senate Republican pushes Charlie Kirk Act to stop government-funded ‘propaganda’

    September 18, 2025
  • Senate Dems revolt against DHS funding bill amid Minneapolis chaos, hiking government shutdown risk

    January 25, 2026

Editor’s Pick

  • From Bunge’s Viterra deal to Shein’s IPO: US-China trade war derails major cross-border deals

    May 3, 2025
  • FLASHBACK: Arizona Dem Senate candidate called Trump voters ‘dumb’: ‘Worst people in the world’

    September 28, 2024
  • Trump-inspired ‘Japanese first’ politician shakes up nation’s establishment

    July 27, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock