• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump threatens to bomb Iran unless they end nuclear weapons program and begin talks on new deal

by March 30, 2025
written by March 30, 2025

JERUSALEM—President Donald Trump’s overtures via a letter to the Islamic Republic of Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, to jump-start talks on dismantling Tehran’s illicit nuclear weapons program, were met with rejection by the theocratic state on Sunday, following Trump’s latest threat to the regime.

Trump told NBC on Saturday that ‘If they don’t make a deal, there will be bombing,’ he said. ‘But there’s a chance that if they don’t make a deal, that I will do secondary tariffs on them like I did four years ago.’

Trump added the U.S. and officials from the Islamic Republic are ‘talking.’

Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian said on Sunday ‘We don’t avoid talks; it’s the breach of promises that has caused issues for us so far,’ according to the Associated Press. He added, ‘They must prove that they can build trust.’ The White House did not immediately respond to Iran’s rejection of the talks, the AP reported. 

Pezeshkian still noted that in Iran’s response to the letter that indirect negotiations with the Trump administration were still possible.

The apparent return of Iran’s regime to its standard playbook of opaque indirect talks between the U.S. and Tehran’s rulers raises questions about whether Trump would greenlight military strikes to eradicate Iran’s vast nuclear weapons program. 

After Iran launched two massive missile and drone attacks on Israel last year, Trump could also aid the Jewish state in knocking out Iran’s nuclear weapons apparatus. 

Indirect talks between the U.S. and the world’s worst state-sponsor of terrorism, according to Democratic and Republican administrations, have not compelled Iran to abandon its pursuit of nuclear weapons.

Jason Brodsky, the policy director of United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI), told Fox News Digital that the Iranians ‘do not want to provide President Trump with a casus belli to strike Iran’s nuclear program. There may be indirect and non-public responses through various intermediaries. I think some Iranian officials perceive a fissure among President Trump’s national security team on Iran. This explains Iran’s foreign minister’s comment in recent days that President Trump’s letter to the supreme leader poses challenges as well as opportunities.’

Brodsky said, ‘These Iranian officials seek to bypass experienced hands like President Trump’s national security advisor and secretary of state, who have been demanding the dismantlement of Iran’s entire nuclear program in keeping with President Trump’s long-standing and rightful position on this issue, and cultivate individuals around President Trump who do not have experience with Iran or are considered non-traditional conservatives who would be more receptive to their entrees.’

Trump promised that ‘bad things’ would happen to Iran if the regime does not come to the table for nuclear negotiations.  ‘My big preference is that we work it out with Iran, but if we don’t work it out, bad things are gonna happen to Iran,’ he said on Friday. 

Iran is enriching uranium to 60%, just shy of the 90% weapons-grade. Experts say it could have a nuclear weapon within weeks if it were to take the final steps to building one. Fox News Digital reported in late March that Iran’s regime has enriched enough uranium to manufacture six nuclear weapons, according to a U.N. atomic agency report.

Alireza Nader, an Iranian-American expert on Iran, told Fox News Digital, ‘Khamenei may be signaling that he’s not interested in negotiations, but his regime desperately needs economic relief. Otherwise, another popular uprising against him could start. Khamenei doesn’t have the cards.’

There is widespread discontent among Iranians against the rule of 85-year-old Khamenei.

Iran’s has upped the ante ever since Trump told FOX Business he sent a letter to Khamenei. Iran has disclosed video footage of its underground ‘missile city.’

Trump also told FOX Business, ‘I would rather negotiate a deal.’

He continued, ‘I’m not sure that everybody agrees with me, but we can make a deal that would be just as good as if you won militarily. But the time is happening now, the time is coming up.

‘Something is going to happen one way or the other. I hope that Iran, and I’ve written them a letter, saying I hope you’re going to negotiate because if we have to go in militarily, it’s going to be a terrible thing for them.’

Brodsky said, ‘That means the Islamic Republic may dangle a JCPOA-like deal, with minor modifications from the previous 2015 agreement. Iranian media has been hyping such an arrangement.’

In 2018, Trump withdrew from the Obama-negotiated Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action deal because, he argued, that the agreement failed to ensure Iran would not build nuclear weapons and did not codify restrictions against Tehran’s missile program and sponsorship of Islamist terrorism.

Brodsky said, ‘These Iranian officials believe they can lure the Trump administration into this arrangement and then President Trump will wave a magic wand and bring the entire Republican Party along with Democrats to support the deal and make it more politically durable than the 2015 JCPOA. This is all despite President Trump’s consistent and strong record in rejecting the JCPOA framework. It reflects desperation in Tehran and a desire to buy time with another failed diplomatic gambit. But it’s important to have eyes wide open here as to the games the Iranians will (and are already) playing.’

While Trump’s director of national intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard, testified on Tuesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee that the intelligence community ‘continues to assess that Iran is not building a nuclear weapon and Supreme Leader Khamanei has not authorized the nuclear weapons program he suspended in 2003,’ she did note that Iran increased its enriched uranium stockpile.

In sharp contrast to U.S. intelligence since 2003, Fox News Digital has previously reported that European intelligence agencies believe Iran is working toward testing an atomic weapon, and sought illicit technology for its nuclear weapons program. 

Counter-proliferation experts, like the prominent physicist and nuclear specialist David Albright, have told Fox News that European intelligence institutions use an updated definition of construction of weapons of mass destruction to assess Iran’s progress in contrast to America’s alleged obsolete definition.

Fox News Digital sent press queries to the U.S. State Department and the National Security Council.

Fox News Digital’s Morgan Phillips and the Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Danish official strikes back at Vance’s Greenland comments: ‘We do not appreciate the tone’
next post
Musk’s X and a Canadian man take action against Australian authorities for censoring his post

related articles

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026

DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...

February 17, 2026

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026

Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...

February 17, 2026

LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...

February 17, 2026

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Trump rattles off ‘flagrant scams’ uncovered by DOGE, takes aim at Fort Knox in CPAC speech

    February 23, 2025
  • Tesla drops cheapest Cybertruck model from sales: Here’s why

    August 12, 2024
  • Cracker Barrel shares plummet after pushback on new logo, brand refresh

    August 22, 2025
  • Bipartisan fury at CDC: Senators demand probe, reject vaccine guidance as illegitimate

    August 28, 2025
  • Trump reacts to Secret Service director resigning: ‘She never gave me proper protection’

    July 23, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,953)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • House Democrats’ government funding proposal goes down in flames with shutdown deadline in hours

    September 30, 2025
  • Rubio pauses foreign aid from State Department and USAID to ensure it puts ‘America First’

    January 27, 2025
  • Trump order targeting law firm WilmerHale blocked as ‘unconstitutional,’ federal judge rules

    May 28, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Warren-led inquiry draws new details on Trump ballroom donations from major corporations

    January 13, 2026
  • Biden to hold first public event of the week before flying to beach house

    August 8, 2024
  • Nvidia hit a $4 trillion market valuation

    November 20, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Biden saying ‘Don’t’ and other threats seemingly fail to deter Iran as more US Mideast bases hit

    August 11, 2024
  • Far left wants to crush PayPal, Zelle and you can take that to the bank

    August 28, 2024
  • ‘A lot of waste’: Blackburn and Ramaswamy talk DOGE cuts

    November 25, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock