• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

US strikes kill hundreds of Houthi fighters, hit over 800 Red Sea targets: Central Command

by April 28, 2025
written by April 28, 2025

The U.S. military has pummeled over 800 targets since mid-March in a campaign aimed at eliminating Houthi terrorists and restoring freedom of navigation in the Red Sea, according to an update from Central Command. 

Since the start of ‘Operation Rough Rider’ on March 15, U.S. forces have executed an ‘intense and sustained campaign’ to dismantle the Iran-backed Houthi terrorist organization’s capabilities, CENTCOM said Monday. The strikes have destroyed critical military infrastructure, including command centers, air defense systems, advanced weapons manufacturing sites and stockpiles of anti-ship missiles and drones.

‘These strikes have killed hundreds of Houthi fighters and numerous Houthi leaders, including senior Houthi missile and UAV officials,’ the statement read. 

The Houthis’ ability to launch attacks on international shipping has taken a major hit. U.S. officials say ballistic missile launches have dropped by 69%, while attacks by one-way suicide drones have fallen by 55% since the operation began.

The Ras Isa Port – previously a key Houthi fueling hub – was also destroyed, cutting off a vital revenue stream the group used to fund its terror activities.

The update came after concerns over the rapid rate at which the offensive campaign has depleted munitions stockpiles, and congressional officials say the campaign has already cost over $1 billion, the New York Times first reported. 

The Houthis have said they will continue to lob projectiles and launch drones toward Western commercial and military ships in the Red Sea in a show of solidarity with the Palestinians in Gaza and Hamas.

Sunday’s update was the first after six weeks of bombing on how many targets had been struck.

It did not reveal how many civilians had been killed or the cost of the campaign. The U.S. now has two aircraft carriers in the region and has sent in new fighter, bomber and air defense units.

‘To preserve operational security, we have intentionally limited disclosing details of our ongoing or future operations. We are very deliberate in our operational approach, but will not reveal specifics about what we’ve done or what we will do,’ the statement read. 

Despite U.S. claims of success, some lawmakers and military analysts have questioned whether the strikes are achieving lasting results. Critics argue that while the campaign has degraded some Houthi capabilities, it has not fully stopped attacks on shipping vessels, U.S. Navy ships, or international maritime traffic.

‘We will continue to ratchet up the pressure until the objective is met, which remains the restoration of freedom of navigation and American deterrence in the region,’ the statement said. 

The Houthi offensive was at the center of a bombshell report on a Signal group of top Trump Cabinet officials who used the chat to discuss details and, in the case of Vice President JD Vance, air complaints about the planned strikes. 

‘I think we are making a mistake,’ Vance wrote in the Signal chat, later published by The Atlantic.

‘I am not sure the president is aware how inconsistent this is with his message on Europe right now.’ The commercial ships being attacked in the Red Sea are largely European. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
GOP races against clock as Senate, House remain trillions of dollars apart on Trump’s tax bill
next post
Pakistan fears India incursion ‘imminent’ amid heightened tensions following terror attack

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Long IDCC: Breakout to all-time highs, strong bullish momentum

    August 12, 2024
  • DAN GAINOR: The England we love is lost. If we don’t change, America will be, too

    October 20, 2025
  • Pro-life activist prosecuted by Biden DOJ reacts to Trump pardon: ‘I want to give him a hug’

    January 24, 2025
  • Inside Epstein’s infamous ‘birthday book’: Clinton’s note, poolside candids and bizarre animal pics

    September 9, 2025
  • Biden’s Cabinet condemns attempted assassination of former President Trump

    July 15, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • GOP senator demands FBI probe Biden-era vetting process for Boulder terror suspect: ‘Under attack’

    June 2, 2025
  • EU shift to 15-minute power trading fuels over a 15% profit boost for battery storage

    December 10, 2025
  • White House baby boom in full bloom as Usha Vance, top Trump aides announce pregnancies

    January 23, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Ilhan Omar spotlights hypocrisy of politicians who criticized Trump but are attending inauguration

    January 20, 2025
  • Microsoft Stock: $10B AI Gamble Stalls After 10% Surge

    October 8, 2024
  • Home Depot stock: Why analysts are bullish despite Q2 guidance and what’s next for investors

    August 14, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Schiff decries Bove’s confirmation as ‘corruption’ despite DOJ referral into his own mortgage dealings

    July 31, 2025
  • Trump-backed plan to avoid government shutdown advances to House-wide vote as Republicans defect

    September 10, 2024
  • Federal judge strikes down parts of Trump executive order on citizenship verification for voter registration

    January 31, 2026
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock