• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Rubio reveals obscure Biden administration office kept ‘disinformation’ dossier on Trump official

by April 30, 2025
written by April 30, 2025

Secretary of State Marco Rubio revealed in a Cabinet meeting that the Biden administration’s State Department kept dossiers on Americans accused of serving as ‘vectors of disinformation,’ including a file on an unidentified Trump administration official. 

‘We had an office in the Department of State whose job it was to censor Americans,’ Rubio said during Wednesday’s Cabinet meeting with Donald Trump. ‘And, by the way, I’m not going to say who it is. I’ll leave it up to them. There’s at least one person at this table today who had a dossier in that building of social media posts to identify them as purveyors of disinformation. We have these dossiers. We are going to be turning those over to these individuals.’ 

Vice President JD Vance interjected, asking, ‘Was it me or Elon? We can follow up when the media is gone,’ and drawing laughter from the Cabinet. 

‘But just think about that. The Department of State of the United States had set up an office to monitor the social media posts and commentary of American citizens, to identify them as vectors of disinformation,’ Rubio continued. ‘When we know that the best way to combat disinformation is freedom of speech and transparency.

‘We’re not going to have an office that does that.’ 

Rubio appeared to be referring to an office within the State Department previously known as the Global Engagement Center, which he officially shuttered earlier in April. 

When announcing a massive reorganization of the State Department, the Global Engagement Center engaged with media outlets and platforms to censor speech it disagreed with, Rubio said. The center has been accused by conservatives of censoring them. 

Journalist Matt Taibbi, for example, previously reported that the center ‘funded a secret list of subcontractors and helped pioneer an insidious — and idiotic — new form of blacklisting’ during the pandemic, Fox Digital reported in 2024. 

He added that the Global Engagement Center ‘flagged accounts as ‘Russian personas and proxies’ based on criteria like, ‘Describing the Coronavirus as an engineered bioweapon,’ blaming ‘research conducted at the Wuhan institute,’ and ‘attributing the appearance of the virus to the CIA.’’ 

Though Rubio did not identify which Trump official the Biden administration kept a dossier on, Elon Musk has previously railed against the Global Engagement Center. 

‘The worst offender in US government censorship & media manipulation is an obscure agency called GEC,’ Musk posted to X in January 2023. That was more than a year before Musk endorsed Trump in the 2024 presidential race and became a fixture of the administration in his temporary role with the Department of Government Efficiency. 

‘They are a threat to our democracy,’ Musk added.

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House for additional details on which Trump official was targeted but did not immediately receive a reply. 

Former President Barack Obama established the small office in 2016 through an executive order aimed at coordinating counterterrorism messaging to foreign nations before it expanded its scope to also include countering foreign propaganda and disinformation, State Department documents show.

In 2024, lawmakers did not approve new funding for the office in the National Defense Authorization Act, and it was scheduled to terminate Dec. 23, 2024. The Biden administration, however, shuffled staffers and rebranded the office. It became the Counter Foreign Information Manipulation and Interference Hub in the waning days before Trump’s inauguration, the New York Post reported in January. 

‘I am announcing the closure of the State Department’s Counter Foreign Information Manipulation and Interference (R/FIMI), formerly known as the Global Engagement Center (GEC),’ Rubio said in an April 16 statement announcing the office’s closure. 

‘Under the previous administration, this office, which cost taxpayers more than $50 million per year, spent millions of dollars to actively silence and censor the voices of Americans they were supposed to be serving,’ he wrote. ‘This is antithetical to the very principles we should be upholding and inconceivable it was taking place in America. That ends today.’ 

Fox News Digital’s Michael Dorgan contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
The ‘F-word’: Schumer says Trump’s first 100 days can be distilled to single utterance
next post
Vance breaks key tie after Senate fails to reject Trump’s national emergency on tariffs

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Elon Musk outlines ‘super obvious’ changes DOGE and Treasury have agreed to make

    February 9, 2025
  • Biden marks two years of CHIPS Act as US aims for 30% global chip production by 2032

    August 9, 2024
  • Great selloff in precious metals markets: Is diversification dead?

    February 3, 2026
  • Informant accused of feeding FBI bogus Biden information pleads guilty

    December 12, 2024
  • Senate Republicans reveal dramatic dealmaking behind Trump’s $3.3T megabill passage

    August 10, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Biden missing in action as Turkey inches closer to full-blown war against US-allied Kurds in Syria

    December 20, 2024
  • JPMorgan Chase posts record profit as the bank’s massive scale pays off

    January 16, 2025
  • Gold and silver are making moves towards support levels

    August 28, 2024

Recent Posts

  • Trump to rename Pentagon, restoring historic ‘Department of War’ in latest military move

    September 4, 2025
  • House investigators nix Mueller testimony in Epstein probe over health concerns

    August 29, 2025
  • Government shutdown ends as Trump signs bill, but DHS funding deadline looms

    February 3, 2026

Editor’s Pick

  • AUDUSD and AUDNZD: AUDUSD has an opportunity to recover

    August 23, 2024
  • Federal appeals court dismisses classified records case against former Trump co-defendants

    February 11, 2025
  • ‘Access granted’: Biden’s free vacation at friend’s California mansion draws ire of critics

    August 23, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock