• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

NASA backs Trump budget blueprint with $6B cut to agency

by May 6, 2025
written by May 6, 2025

President Donald Trump unveiled a budget blueprint last week that includes roughly $6 billion in federal funding cuts to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). 

Despite the multibillion-dollar slash, a senior official at the space agency told Fox New Digital that the reduction in funding is actually beneficial for efficiency and exploration.

‘The reductions in the President’s blueprint budget counterintuitively represent an opportunity to truly innovate in how we conduct our space missions,’ senior NASA official Ryan Whitley told Fox News Digital in an exclusive statement. 

‘Now is the time to reduce the bureaucracy at NASA and turn our attention to the execution of bold new human missions to the Moon and Mars.’

The proposed plan would cut roughly 24% of NASA’s entire budget, and could phase out some major projects like the Artemis moon program. Artemis, which was conceptualized by Trump in his first term, was designed to push the U.S. to return to moon exploration and came after President Barack Obama canceled the Constellation program in 2011.

The original timeline of the Artemis program included a mission to land astronauts on the moon by 2024 via the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket, but technical challenges have delayed the undertaking several years, and it is now set for at least September 2026 should the program survive the cuts. 

While funding reduction threatens some existing programs, the White House touted new investments that would bolster the agency in an effort to beat Chinese space innovations.  

‘By allocating over $7 billion for lunar exploration and introducing $1 billion in new investments for Mars-focused programs, it ensures that America’s human space exploration efforts remain unparalleled, innovative, and efficient,’ the White House topline preview reads. ‘To achieve these objectives, the Budget would streamline the NASA workforce, IT services, NASA Center operations, facility maintenance, and construction and environmental compliance activities.’

Aligning with the Trump administration’s movement to improve government efficiency, the White House clarified that the budget ‘refocuses [NASA] funding on beating China back to the Moon and on putting the first human on Mars.’

With a heavy reduction in federal funding, it is most likely that outside contractors and companies like Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin and Elon Musk’s SpaceX will most likely play a bigger role in launching rockets and exploring space.

SpaceX has conducted 479 launches thus far, and Blue Origin has conducted 31.

As the current head of the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), though he has announced his intention of leaving the agency to focus more on Tesla and his other ventures, Musk clarified he had no involvement in NASA budget discussions in a post on X last month.

The budget blueprint and the funding changes to NASA still have to make their way through the legislative process, but the U.S. space agency has stood fast in its position that the current proposal will bolster innovation and exploration.

‘We have accomplished the impossible time and time again, but even the best organizations need to take a hard look in the mirror,’ Whitley told Fox News Digital.

‘For the past 25 years, NASA has had access to billions of dollars to advance human exploration beyond Low Earth Orbit. Despite that, in all that time, the United States has only successfully conducted one—uncrewed—test flight around the Moon,’ he said. ‘We know we are capable of accomplishing much more.’

Preston Mizell is a writer with Fox News Digital covering breaking news. Story tips can be sent to Preston.Mizell@fox.com and on X @MizellPreston

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Lawyer of whistleblower in Trump impeachment case sues administration over revoked security clearance
next post
Rite Aid files for second bankruptcy in two years

related articles

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026

DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...

February 17, 2026

Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...

February 17, 2026

LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...

February 17, 2026

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter ID bill as Senate fight looms

    February 17, 2026
  • Vance, Walz spar on immigration during VP debate: Been to the border ‘more than our border czar’

    October 2, 2024
  • Trump effect forces Germany to reprioritize defense as nation plays catch-up in military spending

    March 29, 2025
  • Pause in US foreign aid has UN in panic over funding cuts, Trump says world body ‘not being well run’

    March 6, 2025
  • Faith returns to the public square during Trump’s second term, Christian leader says

    January 20, 2026

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,953)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Kennedy and Milei double down on WHO exit after meeting in Buenos Aires: ‘Free from totalitarian control’

    May 27, 2025
  • US sanctions Palestinian Authority officials after rejecting global push to give it control of Gaza

    July 31, 2025
  • Booker delivering marathon Senate speech against Trump admin, Elon Musk: ‘Inflicted so much harm’

    April 1, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Republican senators move to block Somalia funding until allies pay ‘fair share’

    May 2, 2025
  • Hannity reveals what he told Trump after 2020 election loss: ‘Winston Churchill’ return

    January 23, 2025
  • North Korea slams Rubio’s ‘rogue state’ label as ‘nonsense,’ vows to push back against Trump administration

    February 3, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Trump, South Africa in growing row over hotly contested land law, country’s deals with US foes

    February 9, 2025
  • Trump plans to have annual physical exam later this week: ‘Never felt better’

    April 8, 2025
  • Iran, following Trump strikes, says ‘the doors of diplomacy will never slam shut’

    July 1, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock