• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Hawley urges DHS Secretary Noem to declassify all Trump Butler rally assassination attempt documents

by July 15, 2025
written by July 15, 2025

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., is urging Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kristi Noem to declassify all documents related to the assassination attempt on then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, 2024.

Hawley’s request comes a year after 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks fired off several shots at Trump from a rooftop near the presidential rally grounds. The gunman had a clear shot and grazed the president’s ear.

Even after a year, though, questions still remain about how Crooks was able to get a clear shot.

In his letter to Noem, Hawley mentions the one-year anniversary of the first assassination attempt on Trump.

‘This occasion marks a deeply troubling chapter in our nation’s history and serves as a reminder of the importance of transparency in preserving public trust during moments of national crisis,’ he wrote. ‘To that end, I urge you to take the necessary steps to declassify all documents within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) related to the events of July 13, 2024.

‘As you know, assassination attempts against current and former presidents are rare but profoundly consequential events in American life,’ Hawley continued. ‘And the American people rightly expect full transparency from their government.’

The senator pointed to investigation stonewalling tactics from the Biden administration’s Secret Service and DHS, which he said ultimately denied basic facts to the American people.

‘The public learned far more from whistleblowers than they did from public officials, and I released a report documenting these disclosures, many of which have been corroborated to date,’ Hawley wrote. ‘In October of last year, in a unanimous vote, the Homeland Security Committee passed my legislation requiring the Secret Service release to the public all pertinent documents.

‘Now, I am requesting that you immediately declassify and release all documents relating to the first assassination attempt on President Trump within the full extent of your authority, subject only to the narrowest possible redactions necessary to protect ongoing operations or individual safety,’ he said. ‘The public deserves a full and accurate account of this event, the circumstances that allowed it to happen, and the steps the government has taken since to strengthen protective measures.’

Hawley requested a complete inventory of all classified or non-public materials related to the first assassination attempt on Trump, including reports, internal communications, threat assessments, after-action reviews and coordinated records with other agencies.

He also requested a formal explanation for the continued classification of materials Noem believes must remain restricted, as well as a proposed plan and timeline for the immediate declassification and public release of all remaining documents, all by July 30, 2025.

Fox News Digital has reached out to DHS for comment on the matter.

Hawley released a report in September, detailing the failures of the Secret Service in connection with the attempted assassination of Trump in July, which included whistleblower allegations that are ‘highly damaging to the credibility’ of the agency.

The report uncovered a ‘compounding pattern of negligence, sloppiness, and gross incompetence that goes back years, all of which culminated in an assassination attempt that came inches from succeeding.’

Hawley accused the Secret Service, FBI and DHS of all trying ‘to evade real accountability.’

‘These agencies and their leaders have slow-walked congressional investigations, misled the American people, and shirked responsibility,’ the report states. 

After the first of two assassination attempts against Trump in just over two months, Hawley visited the Butler rally site to interview whistleblowers and opened up a whistleblower tip line, encouraging those with relevant information to share with officials. 

Documents subpoenaed by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs also show major failures among the six U.S. Secret Service (USSS) agents who were suspended without pay in response to the assassination attempt.

The documents were based on interviews with the agents and their colleagues and revealed that several agents admitted the existence of major security concerns at the Butler rally, but none of them elevated the concerns or helped produce a plan to properly cover the roof that provided Crooks a clear shot of Trump.

The documents show that some agents in charge never even conducted walk-throughs of the site. For example, the lead advance agent, documents show, never did a final security walk-through of the rally site because she was in the hospital for heat exhaustion, the special agent in charge said when questioned.

Some of the agents were suspended without pay for various terms, though none of the agents were fired.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Iran vows retaliation if UN Security Council issues snapback sanctions on anniversary of nuclear deal
next post
America has the power to lead the AI revolution – and the leadership to make it happen

related articles

DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...

May 1, 2026

Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...

May 1, 2026

DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...

May 1, 2026

Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...

May 1, 2026

MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...

May 1, 2026

Trump’s apocalyptic Iran warning raises stakes for sweeping...

April 7, 2026

Graham eyes ‘down payment’ on Trump-backed SAVE Act...

April 7, 2026

Democrat whose parents fled Iran moves to oust...

April 7, 2026

Midterm alarm bells: Democrats face steep favorability deficit...

April 7, 2026

American journalist kidnapped in Iraq is set free,...

April 7, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Thune pans Democrats’ shutdown stance as ‘borderline pathological,’ ‘like a disease’

    September 18, 2025
  • Elon Musk agrees with JD Vance on the ‘big lie the Democrats told about violent crime’

    September 10, 2025
  • Why centralized logistics are failing and how MovitOn picks up the package

    April 14, 2026
  • Nancy Mace says ‘unhinged’ Hillary Clinton erupted during closed-door Epstein deposition

    February 27, 2026
  • Buttigieg ‘got nothing done,’ Duffy declares: ‘Pete appears unburdened by no longer being a cabinet secretary’

    May 2, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    CoreWeave eyes $1.5B bond raise to ease debt load following lacklustre IPO: report

    May 9, 2025
  • 5

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,507)
  • Investing (2,606)
  • Stock (1,028)

Latest Posts

  • Where Trump stands in the eyes of Americans ahead of the State of the Union address

    February 24, 2026
  • Pro-life activist prosecuted by Biden DOJ reacts to Trump pardon: ‘I want to give him a hug’

    January 24, 2025
  • Alessio Vinassa on building trust in uncertain markets: a leadership imperative for the next decade

    January 26, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Why Tesla stock is down 1% despite reports of a new EV

    April 9, 2026
  • House Republicans agree on Plan B government funding bill with Trump’s debt limit increase

    December 20, 2024
  • The Hitchhiker’s Guide to where we stand with a healthcare package: Christmas or Groundhog Day?

    December 17, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • House GOP fears primary losers could jeopardize razor-thin majority

    March 10, 2026
  • Dow gains; S&P, Nasdaq drop as oil surges on Trump warning

    March 30, 2026
  • Comey seeks to toss criminal case calling Trump prosecutor ‘unlawful’ appointee

    October 14, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock