• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

State Department says 59,000 tons of food assistance are in motion after reports of incinerated aid

by July 18, 2025
written by July 18, 2025

The State Department says it is working swiftly to distribute tens of thousands of tons of food aid around the globe, pushing back on reports that the U.S. was preparing to incinerate hundreds of tons of stockpiled supplies before they could be delivered.

According to figures shared with Fox News Digital, the agency currently has 59,305 metric tons of in-kind food commodities stored in warehouses across the United States and abroad. 

‘We have already programmed all the food expiring before October 2026,’ a senior State Department official said. ‘The idea that we have tons of expiring food we are letting go to waste is simply false.’

The State Department says it has approved 44,422 metric tons of food to be transferred or reprogrammed through partnerships with the World Food Program (WFP), Catholic Relief Services, Mercy Corps, and Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA). That includes 30,000 tons of short-dated food supplies already programmed for delivery to crisis zones like Syria, Bangladesh, and Sudan.

An additional 12,000 tons of aid is awaiting final reprogramming, a delay the department attributes to a temporary hold by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on Title II apportionments — an issue officials say has now been resolved. 

‘To the extent there is a delay that is causing operational problems, it is not from the State Department,’ the official said. ‘All of the food expiring in the next 16 months is accounted for.’

The official also dismissed recent media coverage, arguing that the focus on a limited amount of food near expiration distorts the larger picture. ‘The very small portion — less than 1% of USAID’s food stockpiles — addressed by the mainstream media was the exception that distracts from a very extensive and orderly process we directed to ensure that all of the food was accounted for in an efficient and strategic manner.’

The public defense comes after several outlets reported that the Trump administration ordered the incineration of roughly 500 metric tons of emergency food stored in Dubai as it neared expiration.

According to Reuters, while 622 tons were successfully redirected to countries including Syria, Bangladesh, and Myanmar, another 496 tons — valued at $793,000 — were destroyed, with an additional $100,000 in disposal costs.

The incident occurred as part of a broader restructuring of U.S. foreign aid policy. In early July, the Trump administration officially dissolved USAID, transferring authority over development and humanitarian programs to the State Department. That shift has been accompanied by efforts to rescind billions of dollars in foreign assistance.

A temporary aid pause in January prompted the former State Department inspector general to warn that as much as $500 million worth of food aid was at risk of expiring. However, the department says assistance is now back online under a restructured model.

With USAID phased out, the State Department is now responsible for managing large-scale aid programs, and it is under pressure to deliver. Lawmakers and aid groups are closely watching to see whether the newly reprogrammed food aid reaches intended recipients.

Democrats seized on the incineration reports during congressional hearings this week, accusing the Trump administration of turning its back on urgent humanitarian needs. The reports were first published by The Atlantic.

Earlier this month, Secretary of State Marco Rubio outlined the administration’s vision for foreign assistance, saying he was abandoning what he called a ‘charity-based model’ in favor of empowering growth and self-reliance in developing nations.

‘We will favor those nations that have demonstrated both the ability and willingness to help themselves,’ Rubio wrote, ‘and will target our resources to areas where they can have a multiplier effect and catalyze durable private sector — including American companies — and global investment.’

The new approach is designed to emphasize trade and investment over direct aid, and to position the U.S. to better counter China’s growing global influence.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Pentagon to probe Microsoft’s use of Chinese engineers on sensitive defense systems, Hegseth says
next post
Patel touts FBI’s dozens of convictions in $250 million Minnesota COVID scam

related articles

Bipartisan fury at CDC: Senators demand probe, reject...

August 28, 2025

CDC official includes ‘pregnant people’ terminology and pronouns...

August 28, 2025

Trump pick for UN aviation office has long...

August 28, 2025

US agencies distance themselves from Chinese-founded PDF software

August 28, 2025

What did Obama know about the Trump–Russia probe?...

August 28, 2025

UK, France, Germany trigger UN sanctions on Iran...

August 28, 2025

Is Trump considering bold Africa play to push...

August 28, 2025

CDC Director Susan Monarez refuses to be fired...

August 28, 2025

Bill Gates met with Trump to talk ‘importance...

August 28, 2025

Trump asks SCOTUS to uphold freeze on billions...

August 27, 2025
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Chinese industry groups claim US chips are ‘no longer safe’: here’s why

    December 4, 2024
  • Duffy just got an additional job in Trump’s administration, and he’s not the only one wearing multiple hats

    July 11, 2025
  • Nvidia stock dips 5% as Broadcom surges 40% in five days

    December 17, 2024
  • What Musk’s fracture with Trump means for GOP’s future: ‘Beating heart of the Republican Party’

    July 20, 2025
  • ApeCoin is bullish this morning and hit a new daily high

    September 5, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 2

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 3

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Biden calls to ‘lower the temperature’ then bashes Trump in NAACP speech

    July 17, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (5,842)
  • Investing (634)
  • Stock (908)

Latest Posts

  • Who could replace Elise Stefanik in House GOP leadership? What we know

    November 12, 2024
  • Tulsi Gabbard scores key committee Republican’s support ahead of pivotal vote

    February 4, 2025
  • Susan Collins vows to oppose Trump FBI director nominee Kash Patel ahead of critical vote

    February 20, 2025

Recent Posts

  • ‘He’s not a big factor’: Trump’s Senate allies dismiss Elon Musk’s calls to ‘kill the bill’

    June 5, 2025
  • Morning Glory: Trump’s approval ratings have never been higher

    December 17, 2024
  • Warren explains her applause to Trump’s ‘Pocahontas’ jab during his speech to Congress

    March 6, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Iran nuclear program set back 2 years after US strikes: Pentagon

    July 3, 2025
  • Iran’s leader threatens ‘even bigger blow’ against US, Trump says he’s in ‘no rush’ to talk

    July 16, 2025
  • Schumer says century-old law forces Trump DOJ, FBI to release Jeffrey Epstein files by August deadline

    July 30, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock