• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Stock

U.S. judge orders Google to share search data with competitors

by September 3, 2025
written by September 3, 2025

Alphabet’s Google must share data with rivals to open up competition in online search, a judge in Washington ruled on Tuesday, while rejecting prosecutors’ bid to make the internet giant sell off its popular Chrome browser and Android operating system.

Google CEO Sundar Pichai expressed concerns at trial in the case in April that the data-sharing measures sought by the U.S. Department of Justice could enable Google‘s rivals to reverse-engineer its technology.

Google has said previously that it plans to file an appeal, which means it could take years before the company is required to act on the ruling.

U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta also barred Google from entering into exclusive agreements that would prohibit device makers from preinstalling rival products on new devices.

Google had argued that loosening its agreements with device makers, browser developers and mobile network operators was the only appropriate remedy in the case. Its most recent deals with device makers Samsung Electronics and Motorola and wireless carriers AT&T and Verizon allow them to load rival search offerings, according to documents shown at trial in April.

The ruling results from a five-year legal battle between one of the world’s most profitable companies and its home country, the U.S., where Mehta ruled last year that the company holds an illegal monopoly in online search and related advertising.

At a trial in April, prosecutors argued for far-reaching remedies to restore competition and prevent Google from extending its dominance in search to artificial intelligence.

Google said the proposals would go far beyond what is legally justified and would give away its technology to competitors.

In addition to the case over search, Google is embroiled in litigation over its dominance in other markets.

The company recently said it will continue to fight a ruling requiring it to revamp its app store in a lawsuit won by “Fortnite” maker Epic Games.

And Google is scheduled to go to trial in September to determine remedies in a separate case brought by the Justice Department where a judge found the company holds illegal monopolies in online advertising technology.

The Justice Department’s two cases against Google are part of a larger bipartisan crackdown by the U.S. on Big Tech firms, which began during President Donald Trump’s first term and includes cases against Meta Platforms, Amazon and Apple.

This post appeared first on NBC NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Appeals court blocks Trump from firing FTC commissioner in case testing president’s removal powers
next post
Trump claims Putin, Xi, Kim are conspiring against the US after military parade in China

related articles

L.A. County sues Roblox, alleges platform makes it...

February 21, 2026

CFTC chief sides with prediction markets over state...

February 19, 2026

Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

February 18, 2026

Justice Department’s antitrust chief says she’s leaving, effective...

February 14, 2026

Cardi B’s cameo in Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl...

February 13, 2026

Retail operator of outdoor sportswear pioneer Eddie Bauer...

February 12, 2026

Landmark trial accusing social media companies of addicting...

February 11, 2026

Trump administration alleges Nike discriminated against white workers

February 5, 2026

The architect of Amazon’s supply chain on running...

February 5, 2026

Elon Musk’s SpaceX acquires xAI

February 3, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Where Zelenskyy is headed following tense White House exchange with Trump, Vance

    February 28, 2025
  • Uncovering the atrocities of the Assad regime at its ‘death factory’ on the hill

    December 30, 2024
  • Trump admin ‘actively re-examining all of the Afghans imported into the country’ following DC shooting

    December 1, 2025
  • EURUSD and GBPUSD: The Euro pulls back to the support zone

    July 29, 2024
  • Engravings on shooter’s ammo exposes Charlie Kirk assassination motive

    September 12, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,024)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Bondi confirms DOJ has received criminal referral alleging Brennan perjury over Steele dossier

    February 11, 2026
  • Mobs of motorcycle-riding armed militia hunt Venezuelan streets for Trump supporters as crackdown intensifies

    January 7, 2026
  • From pandemic struggles to St. Patrick’s Day crowds, Mary O’s soda bread rises to viral fame

    March 17, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Former Trump Cabinet members launch group to promote president’s energy agenda

    January 29, 2025
  • Congress unveils $900B defense bill targeting China with tech bans, investment crackdown, US troop pay raise

    December 8, 2025
  • ‘Corruptly influencing the courts’: Climate justice group that trains federal judges under scrutiny

    August 15, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Why Fetterman is right: The fight against cashless stores defends Main Street and working-class Americans

    July 24, 2025
  • Mike Johnson, world leaders to nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize after Israel-Hamas deal

    October 14, 2025
  • Kamala Harris blasts Trump administration’s capture of Venezuela’s Maduro as ‘unlawful and unwise’

    January 4, 2026
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock