• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Supreme Court blocks lower court order forcing Trump administration to fully fund SNAP program

by November 8, 2025
written by November 8, 2025

The U.S. Supreme Court issued a temporary block on Friday on a lower court’s order requiring the Trump administration to fully fund the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program amid the government shutdown. 

The decision came shortly after a federal appeals court on Friday denied a Trump administration request to temporarily block the lower court ruling.

On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Jack McConnell rejected the administration’s effort to only partially fund the benefits program for some 42 million low-income Americans for November as the shutdown drags on, giving the government 24 hours to comply. 

‘People have gone without for too long,’  McConnell said in court.

After the appeals court ruling, the Trump administration filed the emergency appeal to SCOTUS late Friday. 

‘Given the imminent, irreparable harms posed by these orders, which require the government to transfer an estimated $4 billion by tonight, the Solicitor General respectfully requests an immediate administrative stay of the orders pending the resolution of this application by no later than 9:30pm this evening,’ an administration spokesperson told Fox News. 

New York Attorney General Letitia James responded to the Supreme Court decision Friday, calling it a ‘tragedy.’ 

‘This decision is a tragedy for the millions of Americans who rely on SNAP to feed their families. It is disgraceful that the Trump administration chose to fight this in court instead of fulfilling its responsibility to the American people,’ she said in a statement. 

The Supreme Court ruling came after the U.S. Department of Agriculture on Friday said it is working to comply with a judge’s order to fully fund the program for November. 

In a letter sent to all regional directors of the SNAP program on Friday, Patrick Penn, deputy undersecretary for USDA’s Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services, said, ‘FNS is working towards implementing November 2025 full benefit issuances in compliance with the November 6, 2025, order from the District Court of Rhode Island.’

He added, ‘Later today, FNS will complete the processes necessary to make funds available to support your subsequent transmittal of full issuance files to your EBT processor.’

Penn said the department would keep regional directors ‘as up to date as possible on any future developments and appreciate your continued partnership to serve program beneficiaries across the country. State agencies with questions should contact their FNS Regional Office representative.’

He scolded the Trump administration for failing to comply with the order he issued last week, which required the U.S. Department of Agriculture to fund the SNAP benefits programs before its funds were slated to lapse on Nov. 1, marking the first time in the program’s 60-year history that its payments were halted. 

The judge also said Trump officials failed to address a known funding distribution problem that could cause SNAP payments to be delayed for weeks or months in some states. He ordered the USDA to tap other contingency funds as needed.

‘It’s likely that SNAP recipients are hungry as we sit here,’ McConnell said Thursday. 

Trump administration officials said in a court filing earlier this week that they would pay just 65% of the roughly $9 billion owed to fund the SNAP program for November, prompting the judge to update his order and give the administration just 24 hours to comply.

‘The evidence shows that people will go hungry, food pantries will be overburdened, and needless suffering will occur,’ McConnell said. ‘That’s what irreparable harm here means.’

Fox News’ Breanne Deppisch contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Appeals court denies Trump administration request to block SNAP funding order during government shutdown
next post
State Dept says G20 boycott tied to South Africa’s ‘government-sponsored discrimination’ against Afrikaners

related articles

Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition...

February 20, 2026

Trump’s NIH director isn’t the only official wearing...

February 20, 2026

Repeat offender labeled ‘danger to the community’ walks...

February 20, 2026

Trump says Iran has 15 days to reach...

February 20, 2026

Cambodian PM says Thai forces occupying disputed land...

February 20, 2026

UK blocks Trump from using RAF air bases...

February 20, 2026

Rick Scott says Prince Andrew ‘absolutely’ must face...

February 19, 2026

Trump jokes about Nobel Prize at inaugural Board...

February 19, 2026

Built for weeks of war: Inside the firepower...

February 19, 2026

Trump says US contributing $10B to Board of...

February 19, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • NIH director clarifies HHS communications freeze, confirms some essential functions can continue

    January 28, 2025
  • Curtis Sliwa vows to be Zohran Mamdani’s ‘worst nightmare’ if the Democratic socialist wins NYC mayoral race

    October 23, 2025
  • Hunter Biden’s pardon sets troubling precedent, risks politicizing Justice Department, critics say

    December 3, 2024
  • JFK’s granddaughter, Tatiana Schlossberg, reveals terminal cancer diagnosis in heartbreaking essay

    November 23, 2025
  • Justice Department’s antitrust chief says she’s leaving, effective immediately

    February 14, 2026

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,001)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (978)

Latest Posts

  • Google’s antitrust ruling has experts looking to 25-year-old Microsoft case for answers

    August 8, 2024
  • Trump slams UK island handoff deal that could put key US military base at risk

    January 22, 2026
  • New Republican leader Lisa McClain talks messaging ‘playbook’ in the Trump era

    January 23, 2025

Recent Posts

  • ‘Sick puppy’ Tim Walz should never have been on Dems’ 2024 ticket, Trump says

    June 5, 2025
  • Jordan remains ‘last holdout’ as Iran looks to create new ‘terror front’ on Israeli border

    August 13, 2024
  • A ‘man-made disaster’ could make it trickier to buy or sell a home in some areas this fall, real estate expert says

    August 26, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • DAVID MARCUS: Time for Trump to make a real estate deal for Greenland

    March 29, 2025
  • Trump taunts Democrat leaders with ‘Trump 2028’ hats in Oval Office as shutdown approaches

    October 1, 2025
  • Oil and natural gas: oil price in retreat since Tuesday

    August 14, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock