• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump admin defends White House ballroom as national security matter

by December 16, 2025
written by December 16, 2025

The Trump administration argued in a court filing on Monday that pausing construction on the new White House ballroom would undermine national security, citing a Secret Service declaration warning that halting work would leave the site unable to meet ‘safety and security requirements’ needed to protect the president. 

The declaration says the White House’s East Wing, demolished in October and now undergoing below-grade work, cannot be left unfinished without compromising essential security measures.

‘Accordingly, any pause in construction, even temporarily, would leave the contractor’s obligation unfulfilled in this regard and consequently hamper the Secret Service’s ability to meet its statutory obligations and protective mission,’ reads the filing in part.

The government’s memorandum was in response to a lawsuit filed last week in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a nonprofit that says it advocates for preserving historic sites of national importance and protecting the public’s role in that process.

The National Trust lawsuit targets key government officials responsible for overseeing the White House grounds and the agencies managing the construction project, including the National Park Service and the Department of the Interior.

It argues that pausing the Trump administration’s ballroom project is essential to prevent irreversible changes while the required oversight and public involvement procedures are carried out.

‘Submitting the project to the National Capital Planning Commission for review protects the iconic historic features of the White House campus as it evolves. Inviting comments from the American people signals respect and helps ensure a lasting legacy that befits a government of the people, by the people, for the people,’ said Carol Quillen, the president and CEO of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

The White House announced President Donald Trump’s plans in July to move forward with a 90,000-square-foot state ballroom that would cost an estimated $200 million. That figure has now risen to at least $300 million, and while the project is backed by some private donors, Trump has also insisted it will be funded ‘100% by me and some friends of mine.’

In its filing, the administration emphasized that key regulatory reviews are forthcoming, saying it plans to submit draft architectural drawings and materials to the National Capital Planning Commission and the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts in the coming weeks. 

The government argued the lawsuit is premature because above-grade construction is not scheduled to begin until April 2026.

The National Trust, however, counters that the scale of the project makes early intervention necessary. In its lawsuit, the group argues that the 90,000-square-foot addition would dwarf the Executive Residence and permanently upset the classical balance of the White House’s design. 

The complaint also cites an October statement from the Society of Architectural Historians, which warned that the proposed ballroom would represent the most significant exterior change to the building in more than 80 years.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
House GOP tensions erupt as Republicans turn on each other heading into year’s end
next post
GOP accuses Democrats of ‘fabricating’ Trump-Epstein link with selective document leaks, internal memo shows

related articles

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026

DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...

February 17, 2026

Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...

February 17, 2026

LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...

February 17, 2026

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy says he met with Democratic senators,...

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Asian markets mixed on Friday: Hang Seng outperforms with over 2% surge

    February 14, 2025
  • Rapper who was pardoned had this to say about president in 2017

    May 29, 2025
  • Supreme Court lets Trump’s ‘wrecking ball’ federal job cuts proceed while legal fight continues

    July 8, 2025
  • Ethereum is still under pressure from the EMA 200 today

    October 9, 2024
  • Russia reduces sentence for American Robert Woodland, who was convicted on drug charges

    April 22, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,952)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • House panel moves to consider criminal referrals for the Clintons

    February 2, 2026
  • Why is Netflix considering going all-cash for WBD assets?

    January 15, 2026
  • After debilitating strikes, Trump tells Houthis: Stop shooting at us and ‘we will stop shooting at you’

    March 31, 2025

Recent Posts

  • China’s global aggression check: Taiwan tensions, military posturing and US response in 2025

    January 1, 2026
  • White House office tells agencies to apply ‘Gold Standard Science’ to depoliticize research, restore trust

    June 23, 2025
  • USDCAD and USDCNH: USDCAD stopped at 1.37200

    August 8, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Trump signs executive order making English official language of US

    March 2, 2025
  • Bitcoin mining company Cipher considering sale after takeover bid

    July 18, 2024
  • Trump accused Fed governor Lisa Cook of mortgage fraud. That can be hard to prove, experts say.

    August 29, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock