• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump admin fights in court to keep White House East Wing demolition, $300M ballroom build on track

by December 16, 2025
written by December 16, 2025

Lawyers for the Trump administration and a historic preservation group are slated to appear in court Tuesday afternoon in a bid to halt — at least temporarily — President Donald Trump’s plan to continue building out a $300 million White House ballroom on the site of the now-demolished East Wing. 

‘No president is legally allowed to tear down portions of the White House without any review whatsoever — not President Trump, not President Biden, and not anyone else,’ the National Trust said in its lawsuit, filed late last week with U.S. District Judge Richard Leon.

The group argued that Trump’s project has already caused ‘irreversible damage’ to the White House, and asked Leon to grant both a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction to block the Trump administration from commencing or continuing further work on the ballroom project until the necessary federal commissions have reviewed and approved the plans.

The suit alleges violations of multiple statutes, including the Administrative Procedure Act and the National Environmental Policy Act, and says the ballroom cannot move forward without authorization from Congress, the National Capital Planning Commission and the Commission of Fine Arts. Trump fired all six members of the CFA in October; the panel remains vacant.

Meanwhile, lawyers for the Justice Department argued in a separate filing on Monday that Trump does have the statutory authority to modify the structure as president.

‘The President possesses statutory authority to modify the structure of his residence, and that authority is supported by background principles of Executive power,’ the Justice Department told the court on Monday in a separate filing. 

They cited Trump’s personal involvement in the project, and noted that he has regularly taken part in meetings and discussions ‘regarding design and footprint and personally selecting the architect for the project,’ among other things. 

Lawyers for the Trump administration also argued that abruptly halting construction on the project would create ‘security concerns’ at the White House, an argument it is expected to seize on further during Tuesday afternoon’s hearing. 

They also included a declaration from Secret Service deputy director Matthew Quinn that said improvements to the site ‘are still needed before the Secret Service’s safety and security requirements can be met.’

‘Any pause in construction, even temporarily, would leave the contractor’s obligation unfulfilled in this regard and consequently hamper the Secret Service’s ability to meet its statutory obligations and protective mission.’

Trump in July first announced his plans to proceed with constructing the sprawling, 90,000-square-foot ballroom, which he estimated at the time would cost around $200 million. Trump has insisted it will be funded ‘100% by me and some friends of mine.’

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
JD Vance brushes off Susie Wiles calling him conspiracy theorist in new Vanity Fair report
next post
Graham issues ‘fatal’ warning if Maduro stays in power as US buildup raises stakes

related articles

Vatican declines to join Trump’s Gaza ‘Board of...

February 18, 2026

Mike Lee calls Schumer’s ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ attack...

February 18, 2026

Inside world’s top science society’s convention bashing Trump,...

February 18, 2026

How did Jeffrey Epstein get rich? Meet Les...

February 18, 2026

Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while...

February 17, 2026

House GOP’s razor-thin majority threatens to grind Trump’s...

February 17, 2026

Schumer, Dems’ goal is to ‘tie people down’...

February 17, 2026

Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...

February 17, 2026

Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...

February 17, 2026

Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...

February 17, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Trump makes appearances at several Inaugural Balls around DC after jam-packed first day as POTUS

    January 21, 2025
  • Salvadoran president responds to Hunter Biden’s invasion threat: What is he ‘sniffing’?

    July 22, 2025
  • Frontier Airlines proposes merging with fellow budget carrier Spirit — again

    January 30, 2025
  • Iran’s president strikes softer tone on nuclear talks after Trump’s warning that ‘bad things would happen’

    February 3, 2026
  • Biden announces cease-fire plan between Israel and Hezbollah ending 14 months of fighting

    November 26, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,963)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Disney expected to appoint new CEO in 2026; why is it crucial for the stock?

    January 26, 2026
  • House Oversight Committee asks Secret Service chief to testify on Trump assassination attempt

    July 14, 2024
  • Nvidia stock in the green after China chip approval reports: can it keep going higher?

    January 28, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Maxine Waters campaign to pay $68K for violating campaign finance laws

    June 2, 2025
  • Jasmine Crockett shares bizarre song clip calling herself ‘leader of the future’

    May 27, 2025
  • ‘Of course I support the pardon of my son,’ Jill Biden tells reporter

    December 2, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Johnson takes victory lap in first comments after Senate shutdown deal: ‘Vindicated’

    November 10, 2025
  • Trump administration could lead to budget cuts, leadership shakeup at UN

    November 8, 2024
  • House Republicans call for investigation into Obama-appointed judge in Trump funding case

    July 1, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock