• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Judge warns Trump administration against ‘irreversible’ White House ballroom construction work

by December 17, 2025
written by December 17, 2025

A federal judge on Tuesday said he was ‘inclined to deny’ a bid to force the Trump administration to halt construction of the White House ballroom but warned officials not to undertake any irreversible work before a January hearing that could still stop the project.

U.S. District Judge Richard Leon said he will hold another hearing during the second week in January and hinted he may still order a pause.

‘Any below ground construction’ in the coming weeks that dictates above-ground work should be avoided, Leon said, adding, ‘be prepared to take that down.’

Lawyers for the National Trust for Historic Preservation in the U.S. argued the case is not about the need for a ballroom but about the need to follow the law.

They said any construction on federal land requires congressional approval.

Lawyers representing the National Park Service countered that President Trump has authority to direct construction at the White House, saying ‘work must continue for national security issues.’

‘See you in January,’ Leon said as he warned the government not to pursue anything irreversible.

Attorney General Pam Bondi weighed in Tuesday evening.

‘Today @TheJusticeDept attorneys defeated an attempt to stop President Trump’s totally lawful East Wing Modernization and State Ballroom Project,’ she wrote on X. ‘President Trump has faced countless bad-faith left-wing legal attacks – this was no different. We will continue defending the President’s project in court in the coming weeks.’

On Monday, the Trump administration argued in a court filing that pausing construction would undermine national security, citing a Secret Service declaration warning that halting work would leave the site unable to meet ‘safety and security requirements’ necessary to protect President Donald Trump.

The declaration said the East Wing, demolished in October and now undergoing below-grade work, could not be left unfinished without compromising essential security measures.

The National Trust for Historic Preservation sued last week to stop the project, arguing the government had to follow federal review procedures before any irreversible work began.

The group said the proposed 90,000-square-foot addition, now estimated at more than $300 million, would overwhelm the Executive Residence and permanently alter the White House’s historic design.

The administration countered that the lawsuit was premature, noting regulatory reviews were still coming and above-grade construction was not scheduled to begin until April 2026.

The National Trust said early intervention was necessary, citing warnings from architectural historians who said the ballroom would mark the most significant exterior change to the White House in more than 80 years.

Fox News Digital’s Ashley Carnahan contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Senate Republican ‘targeted by Communist China’ in $50 billion lawsuit
next post
Trump declares ‘Venezuelan regime’ a foreign terrorist organization, orders oil tanker blockade

related articles

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026

Rubio shines on global stage while AOC, Whitmer,...

February 16, 2026

RNC mocks ‘Forget someone again??’ after Dems’ Presidents...

February 16, 2026

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy says he met with Democratic senators,...

February 16, 2026

GOP lawmaker joins Democrat-led effort to limit Trump’s...

February 16, 2026

NAACP asks judge to limit how feds use...

February 16, 2026

Schumer pushes bill to give Pride flag same...

February 16, 2026

Rubio seals civil nuclear cooperation agreement with Hungary

February 16, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • SCOOP: 38 GOP lawmakers say not repealing Biden’s green agenda in Trump tax bill is ‘hypocrisy’

    May 1, 2025
  • Golden Globes 2025: the big money behind Hollywood’s night of glitz and glamour

    January 6, 2025
  • SEC charges Robinhood with securities violations; brokerage to pay $45 million penalty

    January 14, 2025
  • Long MSTR: MicroStrategy’s Bold Bitcoin Bet, $2B Stock Offering Fuels Rebound, Eyeing $500

    January 7, 2025
  • New poll shows what Americans think of Trump’s record setting first 3 weeks

    February 13, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,948)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Man arrested in Georgia for threats against Tulsi Gabbard, her husband

    April 14, 2025
  • EXCLUSIVE: Epstein emails released as DOJ says no criminal or inappropriate conduct by Trump

    January 30, 2026
  • ApeCoin and Akita Inu: Akita Inu has moved down to support

    July 23, 2024

Recent Posts

  • Major Russia-Ukraine prisoner swap is underway, official says

    May 23, 2025
  • Oil and Natural Gas: Oil climbed to a new weekly high

    August 9, 2024
  • Trump throws full support behind Mike Johnson before speaker election

    November 13, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Former Trump lawyer Halligan defends US prosecutor status in wake of Comey, James dismissals

    January 13, 2026
  • Trump declares US will win global AI race during executive order signing ceremony: ‘Whatever it takes’

    July 24, 2025
  • How USAID went woke and destroyed itself

    February 7, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock