• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Iranian official says nuclear talks will continue after US, Tehran negotiations had ‘a good start’ in Oman

by February 6, 2026
written by February 6, 2026

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said that indirect nuclear talks with the U.S. in Oman were ‘a good start’ and that there was a ‘consensus’ that the negotiations would continue.

‘After a long period without dialogue, our viewpoints were conveyed, and our concerns were expressed. Our interests, the rights of the Iranian people, and all matters that needed to be stated were presented in a very positive atmosphere, and the other side’s views were also heard,’ Araghchi said.

‘It was a good start, but its continuation depends on consultations in our respective capitals and deciding on how to proceed,’ he added.

Omani Foreign Minister Badr al-Busaidi met with both Iranian and American officials on Friday, the Foreign Ministry of Oman said on X. The ministry said that al-Busaidi held separate meetings with Araghchi and U.S. special envoy Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner.

‘The consultations focused on preparing the appropriate conditions for resuming diplomatic and technical negotiations, while emphasizing their importance, in light of the parties’ determination to ensure their success in achieving sustainable security and stability,’ the Foreign Ministry of Oman said.

Oman reportedly put out a public statement acknowledging the talks after journalists with The Associated Press saw Iranian and American officials separately visit the palace, the outlet reported. The AP said it was not immediately clear if talks were done for the day, but noted that the palace was empty after the convoys left.

The Iranian representatives reportedly met with al-Busaidi first, and only after their convoy left the palace did another set of vehicles arrive, one of which had an American flag, according to the AP. The outlet said the SUV flying the American flag stayed at the palace for an hour and a half.

The talks were initially set to take place in Turkey, but were later moved, according to Secretary of State Marco Rubio, who confirmed the change in venue on Wednesday.

‘We thought we had an established forum that had been agreed to in Turkey. It was put together by a number of partners who wanted to attend and be a part of it,’ Rubio said when taking questions from reporters on Wednesday.

‘I saw conflicting reports yesterday from the Iranian side saying that they had not agreed to that. So, that’s still being worked through. At the end of the day, the United States is prepared to engage in, has always been prepared to engage with Iran.’

Iranian officials also reportedly tried to limit the talks to a bilateral U.S.-Iran format, excluding other Arab and regional countries, according to Axios.

Tensions between Iran and the U.S. have been high since Washington bombed Tehran’s nuclear facilities in the summer of 2025. Things escalated further as the U.S. condemned Iran’s treatment of anti-regime protesters, with President Donald Trump threatening to act if government actors used violence against demonstrators.

Trump recently said in an interview with NBC News that Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei ‘should be very worried,’ though the president acknowledged that the two countries were ‘negotiating.’

When pressed about why he has not followed through on threats to take action if the regime used violence against protesters, Trump said that the U.S. ‘had their back’ and that the ‘country’s a mess right now because of us,’ referring to the strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities. Trump also told NBC News that the U.S. had learned that Iran was attempting to build a new nuclear site in a different part of the country.

The president said that he issued a threat that if Iran were to build a new nuclear facility, the U.S. would ‘do very bad things.’

It is not immediately clear whether there will be more discussions over the course of the weekend or if there are any plans for direct discussions between Iranian and American officials.

The State Department did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Lindsey Graham abruptly ends meeting after Lebanese general refuses to label Hezbollah terrorists
next post
Comer probes sudden wealth jump tied to Ilhan Omar’s husband, eyes link to Minnesota fraud

related articles

DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...

May 1, 2026

Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...

May 1, 2026

DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...

May 1, 2026

Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...

May 1, 2026

MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...

May 1, 2026

Trump’s apocalyptic Iran warning raises stakes for sweeping...

April 7, 2026

Graham eyes ‘down payment’ on Trump-backed SAVE Act...

April 7, 2026

Democrat whose parents fled Iran moves to oust...

April 7, 2026

Midterm alarm bells: Democrats face steep favorability deficit...

April 7, 2026

American journalist kidnapped in Iraq is set free,...

April 7, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Probe into Biden’s alleged mental decline cover-up deepens with more former White House officials to testify

    July 2, 2025
  • Iran says it can strike the US and Israel for two years. Does it really have that power?

    July 8, 2025
  • Here’s why Nio stock may jump 20% to $8 in this bull run

    April 13, 2026
  • Harris world blame game begins after crushing loss to Trump

    November 6, 2024
  • JPMorgan cuts Netflix rating, citing balanced risk-reward post-rally; stock falls

    May 19, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    CoreWeave eyes $1.5B bond raise to ease debt load following lacklustre IPO: report

    May 9, 2025
  • 5

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,507)
  • Investing (2,627)
  • Stock (1,028)

Latest Posts

  • Greta Thunberg slammed for using image of starved Israeli hostage to show Palestinians suffering in Gaza

    October 8, 2025
  • Mayor Eric Adams endorses Andrew Cuomo as his successor as Zohran Mamdani maintains lead in NYC race

    October 23, 2025
  • Retailers saw a dismal fall quarter. The election seems to be turning things around.

    November 27, 2024

Recent Posts

  • DRAM ETF is firing on all cylinders, but beware of major risks

    May 15, 2026
  • ‘What a disgrace’: Trump taunts McConnell’s endorsement as GOP Senate leader race looms

    November 4, 2024
  • ASML stock: buybacks and dividends grab attention, but real signal lies elsewhere

    January 28, 2026

Editor’s Pick

  • Dem, GOP insiders both see major opportunity after Biden’s first solo presser in months

    July 13, 2024
  • House conservatives skeptical as Senate deal sacrificing DHS spending reached: ‘Non-starter’

    January 30, 2026
  • Charity leaders slam Biden admin’s response to US planes shot in Haiti amid chaos: ‘What are we doing?’

    November 18, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock