• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as Gaza rebuild hinges on Hamas disarmament

by February 19, 2026
written by February 19, 2026

President Donald Trump’s newly created Board of Peace is set to hold its first meeting Thursday, with administration officials and participating countries framing the gathering as a step toward implementing the next phase of the Gaza ceasefire and reconstruction effort rather than a moment likely to deliver an immediate breakthrough.

White House spokesperson Anna Kelly said in a statement, ‘President Trump is proud to welcome representatives from more than 40 nations to the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace on Thursday for a major announcement on Board of Peace actions aimed at establishing enduring peace in the Middle East. Since the president and his team ended the war between Israel and Hamas last October, we have maintained the ceasefire, delivered historic levels of humanitarian aid, and secured the return of every living and deceased hostage. The Board of Peace will build on that progress and prove to be the most consequential international body in history.’

At least 40 countries are expected to attend the inaugural session in Washington, where Trump is slated to chair discussions on a multibillion-dollar reconstruction framework, humanitarian coordination and the potential deployment of an international stabilization force.

Officials said representatives will come from across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America, and speakers are expected to include President Trump, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Jared Kushner, Tony Blair, Ambassador Mike Waltz, Special Envoy Steve Witkoff, High Representative Nickolay Mladenov and other participants.

Trump unveiled the initiative at the World Economic Forum in Davos last month. Initial members include the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Bahrain, Pakistan, Turkey, Israel, Hungary, Morocco, Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria, Argentina, Paraguay, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, Indonesia and Vietnam.

On Sunday, Trump said members of the initiative had already pledged $5 billion toward rebuilding Gaza and would commit personnel to international stabilization and policing efforts. ‘The Board of Peace will prove to be the most consequential international body in history, and it is my honor to serve as its Chairman,’ Trump wrote in a social media post announcing the commitments.

Italy’s foreign minister, Antonio Tajani, has announced a plan to train a future Gaza police force, while Indonesia has committed thousands of troops to a prospective international stabilization mission expected to deploy later this year.

The United Arab Emirates, a founding participant in the initiative, said it plans to continue its humanitarian engagement in Gaza.

‘The UAE remains committed to scaling up its humanitarian efforts to support Palestinians in Gaza and to advancing a durable peace between Israelis and Palestinians,’ the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement, noting its role as a founding member of the Board of Peace and part of the Gaza Executive Board.

Even as Gulf and regional partners signal willingness to fund humanitarian needs, long-term reconstruction remains tied to security conditions on the ground.

Disarmament remains the central test

Analysts say the meeting’s significance will hinge less on headline announcements and more on whether participants align on the unresolved core issue shaping Gaza’s future: Hamas’ disarmament.

Ghaith al-Omari, a senior fellow at the Washington Institute, argued the meeting’s credibility will depend on whether participants coalesce around a clear position on disarmament. ‘Unless there is going to be a joint statement coming out of it that clearly says Hamas has to disarm — to me the meeting would be a failure,’ he said, because it would show ‘the U.S. cannot get everyone on the same page.’

Funding is also expected to dominate discussions, though diplomats and analysts caution that pledges may not translate quickly into large-scale reconstruction.

‘We’re going to see pledges,’ al-Omari told Fox News Digital, ‘with a footnote that a pledge does not always translate to deliverables,’ urging attention to which countries commit funds and whether the money is earmarked for humanitarian aid, stabilization or long-term rebuilding.

John Hannah, a senior fellow at the Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA), also cautioned that early financial pledges are unlikely to translate into immediate large-scale reconstruction. ‘I can’t imagine that much of that initial pledge or any of it is going to actual long-term or even medium-term reconstruction of Gaza. Just too many parties won’t support it, pending actual progress on the core question of disarmament and demilitarization of Hamas,’ he said.

Hannah added that the financing challenge remains enormous. ‘It’s been a major outstanding question: How are you going to fund this tremendous bill that is going to come due over the course of the next several years?’ he said. ‘I’ve been watching this now for 35 years, and if I had $100 for every time a major Arab country pledged support for the Palestinians but not delivered, I’d be a relatively wealthy man.’

Netanyahu signs on despite Turkey, Qatar tensions

The initiative has also highlighted political tensions surrounding Israel’s participation, particularly given the involvement of Turkey and Qatar.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signed on to the agreement last week during a meeting with Secretary of State Marco Rubio, placing Israel formally inside the framework despite earlier Israeli objections to Ankara and Doha playing a central role in Gaza’s future.

Hannah said Netanyahu’s decision reflects strategic calculations tied to Washington. ‘I think the prime minister doesn’t want to anger the president. He’s prioritizing his really good strategic relationship with Trump over this tactical difference over Turkey and Qatar,’ he said. ‘The prime minister is just making a basic calculation of where Israel’s interests lie here and trying to balance these competing factors.’

European allies raise legal concerns

Beyond Gaza, the initiative has sparked concern among European allies, many of whom have declined to join the board.

European officials told Fox News Digital the group’s charter raises legal and institutional questions and may conflict with the original U.N. framework that envisioned a Gaza-focused mechanism.

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, European leaders argued the Board of Peace’s mandate appears to diverge from the U.N. Security Council resolution that initially supported a Gaza-specific body.

European Union foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas said the resolution envisioned a time-limited structure tied directly to Gaza and to the U.N., but that the board’s current charter no longer reflects those provisions. ‘The U.N. Security Council resolution provided for a Board of Peace for Gaza… it provided for it to be limited in time until 2027… and referred to Gaza, whereas the statute of the Board of Peace makes no reference to any of these things,’ she said. ‘So I think there is a Security Council resolution but the Board of Peace does not reflect it.’

In response, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Mike Waltz criticized what he described as excessive concern over the initiative and argued the status quo in Gaza was unsustainable, and attacked what he said was ‘hand-wringing’ about the Board of Peace — saying the cycle of war with Hamas in control had to be broken.

Not a replacement for the United Nations

Despite European unease, analysts say the Board of Peace is unlikely to replace the U.N. system.

Al-Omari dismissed the idea that the initiative poses a serious institutional challenge, arguing that major powers remain deeply invested in the existing multilateral structure.

Hannah agreed, saying the administration appears to view Thursday’s meeting primarily as incremental progress rather than any kind of major breakthrough. ‘The way the administration is looking at this is just another sign of continued progress and momentum, rather than any kind of major breakthrough,’ he concluded.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
South Korean court rules ex‑President Yoon Suk Yeol guilty in insurrection trial

related articles

South Korean court rules ex‑President Yoon Suk Yeol...

February 19, 2026

Grandmother tells Trump critics to ‘get off the...

February 19, 2026

US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS...

February 19, 2026

Trump marks Black History Month, announces Medal of...

February 19, 2026

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026

Trump lauds ‘piece of work’ Jesse Jackson at...

February 19, 2026

Rubio holding secret talks with Raul Castro’s grandson...

February 19, 2026

Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that...

February 19, 2026

Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say...

February 19, 2026

House Republicans threaten to force Russia sanctions vote...

February 18, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Army suspends commander after Trump, Vance, Hegseth vanish from command board

    April 21, 2025
  • Kraft Heinz to remove artificial dyes from U.S. products by end of 2027

    June 17, 2025
  • People are earning more from side gigs and needing them less

    July 11, 2024
  • DAVID MARCUS: Ben Sasse is dying, but his letter to America will live forever

    December 27, 2025
  • Ukraine tricks Russia into paying $500K bounty for fake hit on Putin opponent: report

    January 2, 2026

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,986)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (978)

Latest Posts

  • Trump nominates Harmeet Dhillon, Mark Paoletta to key posts, backs KC Crosbie for RNC co-chair

    December 10, 2024
  • Biden legacy includes relentless push for transgender agenda

    December 8, 2024
  • Trump to sign executive order to protect Americans from ‘exploitive ticket scalping’ in entertainment industry

    March 31, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Hezbollah drone attack in Israel wounds over 60 people, some critically: reports

    October 13, 2024
  • Johnson shuts door on negotiating shutdown deal as Democrats dig in on Obamacare

    October 2, 2025
  • CAC 40, DAX lead gains as European markets edge higher on Friday

    December 27, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • 3 political winners for 2024

    December 28, 2024
  • Trump’s ‘Make America Healthy Again’ commission to target autism, chronic diseases

    February 13, 2025
  • Biden campaign hypes president’s foreign policy chops after high-stakes NATO press conference

    July 13, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock