• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump, Hegseth to announce ‘golden dome’ missile defense plan, US official says

by May 20, 2025
written by May 20, 2025

President Donald Trump will make an announcement on the Golden Dome missile defense system at 3 p.m. ET this afternoon alongside Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Space Force Vice Chief of Operations, General Michael Guetlein, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News. 

The Pentagon’s recommendations for the multibillion-dollar project will be announced, including the drafted architecture and implementation plan for the complex satellite system, the official added. 

A total of $25 billion has been carved out of next year’s defense budget for this system, but the Congressional Budget office estimates it could cost as much as $500 billion over the next 20 years.   

Officials told Reuters that Guetlein will likely be named as the lead program manager for the Golden Dome project. 

Last month, Reuters reported that Elon Musk’s SpaceX and two of its partners have emerged as frontrunners to build part of the missile defense system. 

SpaceX is teaming up with software maker Palantir and defense technology company Anduril for a joint bid, with all three of the companies having met with top officials in the Trump administration and the Pentagon to pitch their proposal, sources told Reuters at the time. 

Their plan is to build and launch 400 to up to more than 1,000 satellites to track the movement of missiles around the globe, the sources said. A fleet of 200 attack satellites armed with missiles or lasers would then eliminate enemy projectiles, but the SpaceX group is not anticipated to play a role in the weaponization of those satellites, the sources added.   

Trump has ordered the construction of an advanced, next-generation missile defense shield to protect the U.S. from an aerial attack.  

In January, he signed an executive order that tasks Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth with drawing up plans to build an ‘Iron Dome for America’ that will protect Americans from the threat of missiles launched by a foreign enemy. 

The Pentagon has received interest from more than 180 companies to help build the project, a U.S. official told Reuters.   

Fox News’ Sarah Rumpf-Whitten contributed to this report.   

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
GOP senators renew call for DOD watchdog to probe former Joint Chiefs boss Milley for alleged misconduct
next post
Levi Strauss to sell Dockers to brand management firm Authentic Brands Group

related articles

Why a credit freeze isn’t the end of...

February 21, 2026

Trump torches ‘stupid’ AOC’s Munich showing, tees up...

February 21, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: To burnish Trump’s legacy, we need...

February 21, 2026

BROADCAST BIAS: Idea of giving politicians equal time...

February 21, 2026

Israelis keep suitcases packed and ready as Trump...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions, and advocates say...

February 21, 2026

CIA retracts, revises 19 past intelligence assessments deemed...

February 21, 2026

Trump signs off on 10% global tariff, criticizes...

February 21, 2026

EPA scraps Biden coal restrictions as advocates say...

February 21, 2026

RFK Jr defends Trump move to protect pesticide...

February 20, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Experts gauge success of ‘bunker buster’ bombs dropped by US on Iran nuclear sites

    June 24, 2025
  • Saving lives on ‘Death Street,’ how an Israeli kindergarten teacher became a battlefield hero on October 7

    October 7, 2024
  • Rubio downplays 2028 talk, touts Vance as Trump’s successor

    July 27, 2025
  • Stellar is recovering, Bitcoin Cash is back below $300.00

    August 6, 2024
  • Israel’s military chief backs Witkoff plan over Netanyahu’s Gaza takeover, sources say

    September 15, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (8,023)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (979)

Latest Posts

  • Social Security is 90 years old. We are making it smarter, better, faster under Trump

    August 14, 2025
  • McDonald’s Snack Wrap is officially returning. Here’s when.

    June 4, 2025
  • Schumer, Dems call ‘bull—-‘ on Trump administration over food stamp shutdown threat

    October 29, 2025

Recent Posts

  • Israel releases conversations with Gaza residents amid criticisms of aid delivery system

    July 1, 2025
  • Pentagon says there is a ‘deepening cooperation and relationship’ between Russia and Iran

    August 15, 2024
  • Gavin Newsom says Kamala Harris will have ‘more time to articulate nuances’ after the DNC

    August 21, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Harris reveals crude hypotheticals on abortion, Viagra rehearsed before Trump debate

    September 29, 2025
  • U.S. lawmakers move to ban China’s DeepSeek from government devices

    February 6, 2025
  • Biden has signed just 2 executive orders since dropping out of 2024 race, trailing past presidents

    September 9, 2024
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock