• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump calls for full dismantlement

by February 17, 2026
written by February 17, 2026

Negotiations between the United States and Iran advanced Tuesday toward what Tehran described as the beginning of a potential framework, but sharp public divisions between the two sides underscored how far apart they remain.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said the two sides reached a ‘general agreement on a number of guiding principles’ and agreed to begin drafting text for a possible agreement, with plans to exchange drafts and schedule a third round of talks. 

‘Good progress was made compared to the previous meeting,’ he said, adding that while drafting would slow the process, ‘at least the path has started.’

Yet Washington publicly has insisted that any agreement must result in the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear program — including its enrichment capacity — along with limits on Tehran’s ballistic missile program and an end to its support for allied militant groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Those demands go well beyond temporary enrichment pauses or technical adjustments.

Iran Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei appeared to push back directly against that premise, signaling a firm ceiling on Iran’s concessions. 

‘The Americans say, ‘Let’s negotiate over your nuclear energy, and the result of the negotiation is supposed to be that you do not have this energy!’’ he wrote on social media as talks were underway. ‘If that’s the case, there is no room for negotiation.’

Khamenei’s remarks suggest that while Iranian negotiators may be discussing limits or interim measures, Iran is unlikely to accept an agreement that eliminates its nuclear program outright — setting up a direct collision with the Trump administration’s insistence on dismantlement.

‘Progress was made, but there are still a lot of details to discuss,’ according to a U.S. official. ‘The Iranians said they would come back in the next two weeks with detailed proposals to address some of the open gaps in our positions.’

President Donald Trump said Monday he would be watching the talks closely.

The mistrust runs deep. 

Iranian officials have pointed to U.S. military strikes on their nuclear facilities in June 2025 as part of the broader backdrop complicating diplomacy, arguing such actions demonstrate Washington’s willingness to use force even as negotiations unfold.

Behind the diplomatic push, the United States has significantly expanded its military footprint in the region. The USS Abraham Lincoln is operating in the Arabian Sea, and F-35 fighter jets from the carrier shot down an Iranian Shahed-139 drone recently after it approached the strike group — a move U.S. officials described as demonstrating low tolerance for provocations.

The USS Gerald R. Ford, the Navy’s newest aircraft carrier, is now transiting toward the Middle East. President Trump confirmed the deployment on Feb. 13, saying, ‘In case we don’t make a deal, we’ll need it.’ Reports indicate a third carrier, the USS George H.W. Bush, is being prepared for possible expedited deployment, which would create a rare three-carrier U.S. presence near Iranian waters.

The buildup extends beyond naval forces. A squadron of F-35A Lightning II aircraft landed at RAF Lakenheath in the United Kingdom earlier in February as a staging point for potential deployment to the Middle East, while satellite imagery shows additional U.S. aircraft — including F-15E Strike Eagles and A-10 Thunderbolts — positioned at Muwaffaq Salti Air Base in Jordan.

Logistics flights into the region have also surged. 

More than 100 C-17 cargo aircraft have arrived since late January, transporting advanced air defense systems, including Patriot and THAAD batteries, to bases in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, according to defense tracking data.

At the same time, Iran’s leadership has paired diplomatic engagement with forceful warnings. 

Khamenei said the United States could be ‘struck so hard that it cannot get up again,’ and a senior commander in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy declared the country is prepared to close the Strait of Hormuz if ordered — a move that could disrupt roughly one-fifth of global oil flows through the strategic waterway.

Despite the heightened rhetoric and military signaling, Iranian officials said talks would continue, framing the Geneva discussions as a step toward a possible agreement — even as the fundamental dispute over dismantlement versus preservation of Iran’s nuclear capabilities remains unresolved.

Fox News’ Nick Kalman contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a good look for the United States’
next post
Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after ex-Biden spox rarely mentioned it from White House

related articles

Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...

February 17, 2026

Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...

February 17, 2026

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026

DHS shutdown drags into 4th day as Senate...

February 17, 2026

Rev Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader and Rainbow...

February 17, 2026

LIZ PEEK: At Munich showdown AOC serves word...

February 17, 2026

GOP reaches key 50-vote threshold for Trump-backed voter...

February 17, 2026

Thune guarantees voter ID bill to hit the...

February 17, 2026

Tom Emmer blasts Democrats’ double standard on SAVE...

February 17, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Oil and Natural Gas Analysis: Price Decline Continues

    November 15, 2024
  • Morning brief: Asia stocks slide on Trump tariff threats; China GDP slows

    January 19, 2026
  • Protesters stage sit-in outside New York Stock Exchange to spotlight Gaza attacks

    October 15, 2024
  • NRCC launches ad campaign targeting dozens of vulnerable Dems who voted against key Trump proposal

    April 11, 2025
  • Harris-Trump cash dash: This presidential candidate holds fundraising edge in final stretch

    September 21, 2024

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,956)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Bissell recalls 3.2 million handheld steam cleaners after scores of burn injury reports

    July 23, 2024
  • Biden administration slow-walked Marc Fogel designation as ‘wrongful detainee,’ Republicans say

    February 12, 2025
  • Softening UK jobs market paves way for BoE rate cut in March, says ING Group

    January 7, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Experts sound the alarm over ‘shocking’ study showing significant risks to women who take abortion pills

    May 6, 2025
  • Supreme Court hands Ed Sheeran legal win in Marvin Gaye copyright fight

    June 16, 2025
  • Trump begins endorsing replacements to replenish GOP majority in House as Cabinet picks shrink lead

    November 25, 2024

Editor’s Pick

  • Israel’s strike in Qatar triggers rare US rebuke, tests Trump’s Gulf diplomacy

    September 11, 2025
  • Straight woman’s job discrimination claim likely to prevail with SCOTUS rebuke of lower court: expert

    February 27, 2025
  • Anna Paulina Luna to lead task force on declassification of JFK assassination records, Epstein client list

    February 11, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock