• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump shooting task force says DHS, Secret Service haven’t produced docs on golf course incident

by December 10, 2024
written by December 10, 2024

The House Task Force investigating the assassination attempts on President-elect Trump’s life has released its final report on Tuesday, detailing ‘preexisting conditions and leadership failures’ that led to the deadly campaign rally in Pennsylvania in July.

While the bipartisan panel was given ample information on that shooting, the report suggested requests for documents on the second attempt on Trump’s life – this one at his Palm Beach golf course in September – were seemingly stonewalled.

‘The Task Force notes that as of the date of publication of this report, [the Department of Homeland Security], [U.S. Secret Service], FBI, and [Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives] have not produced any documents responsive to the Task Force’s requests regarding the preparation for, events of, and response to the second assassination attempt that occurred on September 15,’ the report said.

Lawmakers found ‘critical vulnerabilities’ in the security of that site. The report said Secret Service agents identified the golf course’s outer perimeter as ‘a favorable position for potential snipers.’

The report also called on the Secret Service to review its protocols for golf courses – which would be a significant policy overhaul, given Trump and past presidents’ historic penchant for golfing.

Other recommendations in the 180-page report include calling on Congress to consider taking the Secret Service out from under the purview of DHS.

‘The current structure potentially weakens USSS, a small but critically important agency, in advocating for its budget and other priorities inside a much larger entity,’ the report said.

‘The failure in [Butler, Pennsylvania] was far from the first significant USSS failure in recent history, and it is fair to question whether USSS should continue to be housed within DHS.’

The Secret Service was under the Treasury Department until 2003, when it was moved to the newly formed DHS, but the task force advocated for it to be its own structure entirely.

‘A fresh look at whether USSS might benefit from the status of an independent agency, with more freedom to make budget requests and advocate for itself, would be a healthy discussion for former USSS leaders to have with Congress,’ the report said.

The Task Force also recommended conserving resources by limiting who gets Secret Service protection. 

‘The number of individuals being protected has greatly expanded, a resource demand which becomes further taxed during the longer and more intensive modern presidential campaign seasons,’ the report said.

Foreign dignitaries’ Secret Service protection particularly strains resources during the United Nations General Assembly, the report said. That takes place in September, the same month of the second attempt on Trump’s life.

‘As a result, Congress, DHS, and the USSS should jointly consider the protective role the USSS plays for foreign leaders and consider whether such duties can be transferred or abrogated in order to focus on the USSS’s primary duty: to protect the President and other critical U.S. leaders,’ the report said.

The House voted unanimously to form the committee earlier this year. The Secret Service was barraged with scrutiny after a 20-year-old gunman opened fire on Trump’s July 13 rally in Butler, Pennsylvania from just outside the rally perimeter.

Trump was injured along with two others, and one attendee was killed.

Later in September, USSS agents opened fire on a 58-year-old man who had a rifle aimed at Trump’s Palm Beach, Florida, golf course where the president-elect was out for the day.

The task force contrasted both events in its report, however, and cast the latter incident in a better light.

‘The various failures in planning, execution, and leadership on and before July 13, 2024, and the preexisting conditions that undermined the effectiveness of the human and material assets deployed that day, coalesced to create an environment in which the former President — and everyone at the campaign event — were exposed to grave danger,’ the report said.

‘Conversely, the events that transpired on September 15, 2024, in West Palm Beach, Florida, demonstrated how properly executed protective measures can foil an attempted assassination.’

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told Fox News Digital in response to the report, ‘The U.S. Secret Service appreciates the diligence and dedication displayed by Chairman Kelly, Ranking Member Crow and the distinguished members of the House Task Force as they investigated and identified the factors that contributed to the assassination attempt of President-elect Donald Trump and the Secret Service’s failures during the protective advance leading up to July 13th in Butler, Pennsylvania.’

‘The findings of the House Task Force align with our internal Mission Assurance Inquiry. Today’s report reinforces our resolve to bring change to the Secret Service. We continue to take action to acquire new technologies, strengthen training, develop our personnel, and seek resources to fortify the Secret Service,’ Guglielmi said.

Fox News Digital also reached out to DHS for comment.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Meet Natalie Harp, Trump’s ‘valuable resource’ who lawmakers say is ‘critical’ to his operation
next post
Women’s basketball league Unrivaled signs uniform deal with Under Armour

related articles

Inside world’s top science society’s convention bashing Trump,...

February 18, 2026

How did Jeffrey Epstein get rich? Meet Les...

February 18, 2026

House GOP’s razor-thin majority threatens to grind Trump’s...

February 17, 2026

Mark Kelly eyes 2028 White House run while...

February 17, 2026

Schumer, Dems’ goal is to ‘tie people down’...

February 17, 2026

Russia sentences American to 4 years for allegedly...

February 17, 2026

Psaki joins Democrat push for Epstein files after...

February 17, 2026

Iran signals nuclear progress in Geneva as Trump...

February 17, 2026

Trump hammers AOC Munich stumbles as ‘not a...

February 17, 2026

US nuclear testing debate reignites after State Dept...

February 17, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Biden’s Defense Department announces new multi-billion-dollar aid packages for Ukraine

    December 30, 2024
  • Biden ends bid for second term in White House as he drops out of his 2024 rematch with Trump

    July 21, 2024
  • Spirit Airlines, fresh from bankruptcy, is ready to take on the new Southwest, CEO says

    March 13, 2025
  • Europe bulletin: UK confidence wobbles, Germany’s nuclear idea, EU’s strong growth

    February 1, 2026
  • After raucous first week in office, Donald Trump to keep his foot on the gas

    January 27, 2025

Popular Posts

  • 1

    District judges’ orders blocking Trump agenda face hearing in top Senate committee

    April 2, 2025
  • 2

    Secret Service admits leaning on ‘state and local partners’ after claim it ignored Trump team’s past requests

    July 21, 2024
  • 3

    Five more House Democrats call on Biden to drop out, third US senator

    July 19, 2024
  • 4

    Forex Profit Calculator: Maximize Your Trading Potential

    July 10, 2024
  • 5

    Elon and Vivek should tackle US funding for this boondoogle organization and score a multimillion dollar win

    December 4, 2024

Categories

  • Economy (829)
  • Editor's Pick (7,961)
  • Investing (1,019)
  • Stock (976)

Latest Posts

  • Hawley officially a yes on Dr. Oz after securing commitments on transgender, abortion issues

    April 1, 2025
  • Trump agenda upended after GOP rebellion shuts down House floor

    April 1, 2025
  • Canaan faces Nasdaq delisting risk after shares fall below $1 threshold

    January 19, 2026

Recent Posts

  • Trump announces North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum as Department of the Interior secretary

    November 15, 2024
  • National security experts sound alarm over CCP-linked land ownership near US military bases: ‘Unthinkable’

    January 8, 2026
  • Speaker Johnson surprised by Musk’s criticism of ‘big, beautiful bill’: He’s ‘flat wrong’

    June 4, 2025

Editor’s Pick

  • Top DOJ official faces test in Senate over nomination to become federal judge

    June 25, 2025
  • Trump admin to pause financial assistance programs: report

    January 28, 2025
  • What Virginia’s special elections tell us about the bigger ballot box battles to come in 2025, 2026

    January 8, 2025
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock