• Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock
Editor's Pick

Trump says Iran ceasefire is ‘over’ after Iranian attacks trigger massive US response

by July 8, 2026
written by July 8, 2026

President Donald Trump said the tentative ceasefire with Iran is “over” after an intense bombing campaign overnight that followed Iranian attacks on commercial shipping.

“For me? I think it’s over,” Trump told reporters during a meeting with Secretary-General Mark Rutte at the NATO Summit in Ankara, Turkey, Wednesday. “I don’t want to deal with them anymore, they’re scum.”

He said talks with Iran could continue, but they’re a waste of time. “They’re liars, they’re cheats. They’re sick people.”

US CLAWS BACK KEY CONCESSION TO IRAN AFTER FRESH ATTACKS ON COMMERCIAL SHIPS IN STRAIT OF HORMUZ

The comments may signal an end to weeks of talks that followed both sides signing a memorandum of understanding, in which they agreed to allow traffic to resume in the Strait of Hormuz and spend 60 days negotiating a long-term peace deal. 

But Iran struck at least three commercial vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz on Monday and Tuesday, and the U.S. military responded with strikes on more than 80 targets in Iran.

On Wednesday the Kuwaiti military said it intercepted two Iranian ballistic missiles and 13 drones. 

“We attacked very powerfully last night the very dangerous people from Iran,” Trump said. 

He noted that the U.S. had given Iranians a week off from negotiations for the funeral of slain Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. 

“We said, go and do your funeral stuff,” he said. “And instead of that, they started shooting rockets at ships yesterday.”

He continued to insist the U.S. would “denuclearize” Iran and likened the country’s leadership to cancer. “You know what you do? You’ve got to cut out cancer early.”

TRUMP ENTERS FINAL NATO SUMMIT DAY AS UKRAINE, DEFENSE SPENDING TAKE CENTER STAGE

On Tuesday, the U.S. clawed back oil sanctions waivers — a key concession offered to Iran as part of the memorandum of understanding. 

British maritime authorities confirmed a vessel was struck by a projectile near the coast of Oman Monday, while Iranian state media reported the ship had ignored warnings from Iranian forces. The attack reportedly caused a fire on board, but there were no immediate reports of fatalities. 

A second vessel, the Saudi-flagged crude tanker Wedyan, also sustained damage near the Strait of Hormuz, a U.S. official confirmed.

On Tuesday, the U.K. Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) reported that another tanker transiting the Strait of Hormuz had been struck by an unidentified projectile.

Iran has insisted it should play a leading role in managing traffic through the Strait of Hormuz and has sought to collect fees from commercial vessels transiting the strategic waterway. The Trump administration has rejected that position, insisting the strait remain open to free international navigation.

<!–>

–>

0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Trump demands end to trade with key US ally, calls it a ‘wasted cause’
next post
SpaceX stock is back to its opening price of $150: is it a buy now?

related articles

El-Sayed aide likens GOP opponent’s campaign to ‘KKK...

August 17, 2026

Declassified FBI docs reveal Swalwell had sex with...

August 17, 2026

House Democrat investigated over alleged ‘inappropriate sexual contact’...

August 17, 2026

US military bases are ‘ill-equipped’ to stop drone...

August 17, 2026

Russell Fry endorses ex-rival Darline Graham after failing...

August 17, 2026

IN PICTURES: Historic Smithsonian museum packed with woke...

August 17, 2026

Trump’s Iran deal reaches make-or-break deadline as 60-day...

August 17, 2026

Legal expert calls for Smithsonian leadership overhaul over...

August 15, 2026

Advocate tells freed Marine vet’s physical, psychological torment...

August 15, 2026

Justice Thomas reveals this elite institution is ‘off...

August 15, 2026
Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News, And Articles.


Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

Latest News

  • Why Cathie Wood is doubling down on this $18 stock

    July 3, 2026
  • Americans’ revolt against data centers is growing: how it could disrupt the AI trade

    July 5, 2026
  • TeraWulf stock surges as Anthropic signs $19B AI data center lease

    July 6, 2026
  • Baidu shares jump as Kunlunxin IPO report fuels AI optimism

    June 29, 2026
  • WATCH: Dem demands ‘one case’ where sanctuary cities didn’t turn over illegal immigrants. DHS provides list

    July 23, 2026

Popular Posts

  • 1

    CoreWeave stock jumps 10% as analysts see major backlog upside

    June 16, 2026
  • 2

    Intel, AMD stocks slide again in aftermath of Broadcom’s weak outlook

    June 5, 2026
  • 3

    Dow tumbles 680 points as chip rout sends Nasdaq to biggest drop since 2025

    June 5, 2026
  • 4

    Wedbush makes a strong case for buying the dip in Planet Labs stock

    June 5, 2026
  • 5

    Wedbush makes a strong case for buying the dip in Planet Labs stock

    June 5, 2026

Categories

  • Editor's Pick (453)
  • Investing (944)
  • Stock (61)

Latest Posts

  • What’s behind Uber stock’s technical breakout today?

    June 24, 2026
  • Strategy (MSTR) stock gains as Standard Chartered backs $100K Bitcoin forecast

    July 10, 2026
  • Dow falls 500 points as Fed’s hawkish shift jolts markets

    June 17, 2026

Recent Posts

  • DOJ warns former red state is becoming the next California as governor embraces ICE limits

    June 19, 2026
  • Why is Blackberry stock surging over 20% today?

    June 25, 2026
  • Devon Energy stock jumps 6% as analysts back Coterra integration

    June 10, 2026

Editor’s Pick

  • New York Times is not ‘failing’: Here’s why its stock may surge soon

    July 14, 2026
  • Why is Blackberry stock surging over 20% today?

    June 25, 2026
  • Dow Jones slips even as chip stocks offset renewed US-Iran tensions

    July 9, 2026
  • About us
  • Contacts
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Disclaimer: moneyrisetoday.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

Copyright © 2025 moneyrisetoday.com | All Rights Reserved

Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Economy
  • Editor’s Pick
Money Rise Today – Investing and Stock News
  • Investing
  • Stock